Investing in the best olive oil sprayer would be ideal if you enjoy drizzling olive oil in your salad or spraying your baking sheets.
This nifty kitchen tool essential makes your work so much easier. You don't have to worry about blobs of oil, and with most olive oil sprayers, you can enjoy the convenience of portability.
We reviewed the best olive oil sprayers and outlined features to consider when buying them.
What Is an Olive Oil Sprayer?
Olive oil sprayers at first may sound quite extravagant, but they are handy and indispensable kitchen accessories you can't do without them. They essentially feature aerosol mechanisms that allow you to control the oil in your food. That way, you avoid pouring out a big glop.
We reviewed the best olive oil sprayers that are easy to use and versatile.
Best Olive Oil Sprayers
1. Misto Brushed Aluminum Oil Sprayer
- Misto is a reusable oil spray and mister bottle that gives you...
- Fill Misto with your favorite oils, vinegars, lemon and lime...
- Easy to use pump style cap features a 2 step operation: Simply...
- Environmentally friendly, the non aerosol sprayer doesn't use...
- Misto is BPA free threading the cap on incorrectly allows air to...
If you are interested in a sprayer that won't spritz large drops of oil into your food, this one from Misto is the best olive oil sprayer.
The misto oil sprayer is reusable and affords you the health benefits and convenience of typical aerosol sprayers in a more eco-friendly and affordable way. In addition, the bottle is a durable glass made of rust-resistant aluminum.
Though the misto oil sprayer is ideal for olive oil, you can fill it with vinegar, lemon and lime juice, sherry, or marsala wine.
Image Credit: amazon.com
The Misto oil sprayer features a filter that traps herbs and spices added to infuse the oil. In addition, it has a unique pressurized spray that breaks down your olive oil into tiny droplets and sends out a consistent spray of oil. This is equivalent to what you can expect from an aerosol-style canister without the added chemicals.
This mister is ideal for olive oil but can also be used for other oil, vinegar, wine, or citrus juices. The only ingredients you'll want to avoid using in this sprayer are the ones that solidify when they cool, such as coconut oil.
2. Evo Stainless Steel Oil Sprayer
- 18/8 stainless steel bottle with plastic sprayer
- BPA, Latex, and DEHP free
- Won’t clog, melt, shatter or show fingerprints
- Perfect for portion control
- Economical, reusable, recyclable
The Evo Oil Sprayer bottle is an excellent choice as it delivers a nice, even coat of cooking oil without the trouble of pumping before spraying.
The food-grade stainless steel oil sprayer features a plastic sprayer. The plastic is BPA, LATEX, and DEHP-free. It's best suited for portion control.
Image Credit: amazon.com
You only need to pull once to release the cooking oil inside the bottle. In addition, each pull releases a reliable 1/4 teaspoon of oil; hence you know exactly how much you're depositing onto your food or cooking surface.
The coverage is excellent and even, with the nozzle being specially designed to spray in a vertical or horizontal fan spray pattern that allows for more control and precise application. Lastly, the Evo oil sprayer has a 16-ounce capacity, so avid cooks won't constantly refill the bottle.
3. Purelite Continuous Spray Olive Oil Mister
- 🥚 FINE MIST SPRAY: Our easy to use refillable Cooking Oil...
- 🍳 SAFETY: The bottle is made of BPA Free, food safe glass for...
- 🌮 CONVENIENT: Wide Mouth Bottle for Easy Pouring (without...
- 🥘 MANY USES: Not only can it dispense oils for no stick and no...
- 🥞 GUARANTEED: Your satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed. Our superb...
The olive oil sprayer comes in an aesthetically pleasing blue glass bottle. This aids in keeping the sunlight out of your favorite oil, prolonging the oil's shelf life.
The oil sprayer is BPA-free and made of food-safe glass preventing chemical leaching into the oils. In addition, the bottle is refillable and can be filled with vegetable oil such as avocado or grapeseed. The spray is similar to an aerosol spray but uses an air pressure system.
Image Credit: amazon.com
The olive oil sprayer is versatile and can dispense oils for non-stick and no-scratch cooking. In addition to just oil, you can fill the bottle with vinegar to spritz salads for a healthy dressing. Lastly, add fresh herbs to your oils for a flavorful seasoning.
When spraying, push down on the spray nozzle with your index finger 6 to 8 inches away from the pan. Spray in a circular pattern at an angle to ensure it is fully covered. A brush can clean the olive oil spray bottle. Afterward, fill with warm, soapy water and spray out to clean the nozzle. Refill with clean water and spray until empty. Repeat if necessary.
4. Woohubs Olive Oil Sprayer
- MULTI- PURPOSE - Perfect kitchenware tools for home & kitchen....
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN - Simply press the pump of sprayer to...
- PORTABLE TO CARRY - The Oil sprayer dispenser is of 100ml...
- 100% FOOD SAFE - Made from high quality glass, BPA free and...
- ABOUT AFTER SELL SERVICE: Unconditional refund within 30 days,...
The Woohubs olive oil sprayer has a polished and sleek look. The versatile glass bottle can be filled with your favorite oils sunflower oil, vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice, lime juice, sherry, or Marsala wine.
Image Credit: amazon.com
It's lightweight and designed for portability. The glass bottle is the ideal size to carry outside for a barbecue or picnic or as a kitchen tool. It holds 100 ml and is made from high-quality, BPA-free, and eco-friendly glass.
The oil sprayer features a built-in injector design to create a fine mist. When cleaning, press the sprayer's pump to produce a more uniform spray and control the amount of oil when cooking.
Features To Consider When Buying the Best Olive Oil Sprayer
Image Credit: thefrisky.com
a) Type of Material
When searching for an olive oil sprayer, there are three materials to choose from.
Olive oil sprayers made from glass are considered an eco-friendly choice. The material is excellent for oil because it doesn't absorb. Also, it allows you to see the quality and quantity of oil remaining in the bottle. Some sprayers feature measuring scales that will enable you to precisely add an accurate amount of oil to your cooking.
The downside is the fragility of the bottles since they are more likely to break eventually. In addition, glass lets light in, decreasing the antioxidant load, which can cause the oil to turn rancid more quickly. With a glass olive oil sprayer, it's advisable to keep it locked away in a dark pantry.
The material is durable, eco-friendly, and keeps the light out. The sprayer bottles tend to be more expensive than glass and plastic, which can sometimes affect the taste of the oil. Most sprayer bottles have a stainless steel lid, while some have a stainless steel and glass body. Metal is also heavier, so looking for a smaller capacity bottle is advisable.
Plastic olive oil sprayers are lightweight, durable, and transparent. It's also economical. However, the downside is that it's not eco-friendly. In addition, there's the risk of the chemicals leaching into oil. To keep the oil fresh, it's best to store the bottles in them in the pantry or cupboard.
It's important to consider capacity or size when buying olive oil sprayers. In addition, it's essential to consider how often you'll use it and choose a capacity that fits your needs best.
Olive oil sprayers come in different sizes, from small and compact to large. Your choice should depend on how much oil you use.
If using a lot of cooking oil, consider larger spray bottles. In contrast, a smaller spray bottle would be ideal if you use oil sparingly. This is because oil can go rancid with time.
Most oil sprayers are compact, meaning they can only hold a few ounces of oil at a time, although some are larger than others.
You don't need plenty of oil when using a sprayer because it aims to use the minimum oil possible to achieve the desired results.
Smaller bottles are easier to handle and maneuver, especially when you must pump the nozzle a few times to get the desired oil. They are also portable, which is excellent, especially if you spray your salads for lunch or bring some oil for a barbecue.
Image Credit: pinterest.com
c) How the Spray Is Activated
The type of sprayer varies with each single spray bottle.
A non-aerosol sprayer is considered the best because it contains no potentially harmful chemical propellants. There are more specific styles.
Some oil sprayers use pressure valves, while others use trigger mechanisms or pumps. Generally, sprayers fall under these two categories:
- Pressure sprayers: These are similar to traditional aerosol cans. However, they don't contain propellant; you'll need to pressurize the bottle using a hand pump. Again, the quality of the specific product will determine how often you'll need to pressurize the sprayer between uses.
- Pull trigger sprayers: They function as squirt bottles. You release a single oil spray whenever you pull back or push down on the trigger. Though you don't benefit from a continual stream with the sprayers, they are better if you are hoping to measure how much oil you are applying.
Image Credit: sohodesignshop.com
d) Ease of Cleaning
Cleaning is an essential factor to consider, especially for oil. The downside of reusable sprayers is you have to clean them occasionally. The challenge is that they can get stuck and stop working correctly.
When searching for the best olive oil sprayer, look for one you can quickly put apart and hand-clean or toss in the dishwasher. In addition, choose an oil sprayer designed to be flushed out with soapy water. This saves you the trouble of disassembling and putting it back together whenever you need to clean it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Olive Oil Sprayer (FAQs)
1. Is olive oil spray better than olive oil?
Comparing olive oil spray to regular olive oil is not about being inherently better than the other but instead a consideration of their respective advantages and applications. Olive oil spray offers the benefits of portion control and even distribution.
This is particularly useful for individuals who are conscious of their caloric intake or prefer to limit the amount of oil used in cooking. Additionally, the spray nozzle provides an even oil distribution, promoting consistent flavor and texture throughout the dish.
On the other hand, regular olive oil offers versatility in cooking methods and a wider range of uses. It can be used for sautéing, frying, baking, and marinating, providing richness and depth of flavor. Regular olive oil is also available in various grades, such as extra virgin or light olive oil, each offering distinct flavor profiles.
Ultimately, the choice between olive oil spray and regular olive oil depends on your specific needs, preferences, and the intended use in your culinary endeavors. Both options in the kitchen can offer flexibility and cater to different cooking techniques and personal preferences.
2. How can you clean your oil sprayer, and how often should you clean it?
Cleaning your olive oil sprayer regularly prevents the nozzle from clogging. It's advisable to read the package instructions for best practices regarding your unit. However, generally, the process involves: Filling the empty bottle with warm, soapy water, shaking, and spraying a few times.
Rinse with warm water, spray a few more times, then let it dry and refill. Some sprayers come with a cleaning brush, making cleaning the nozzle and inside the bottle easier.
3. What are the benefits of using olive oil spray?
Using an olive oil spray while cooking offers several benefits that contribute to improved cooking and healthier eating habits:
- Precise Portion Control: One of the critical advantages of using an olive oil spray is the ability to exact precise portion control. The sprayer disperses a fine oil mist, allowing you to distribute it evenly and sparingly over your food. This helps prevent over-saturating your dishes with excessive oil, which can add unnecessary calories and fat.
- Healthier Cooking: An olive oil spray can significantly reduce the oil used in your cooking. It promotes a more health-conscious approach by delivering a thin and consistent layer of oil. This results in flavorful and well-coated dishes without being overly greasy or heavy.
- Even Coverage: These sprayers' spray mechanism ensures oil coverage on your food. The fine mist evenly coats the ingredients, providing a consistent taste and texture throughout your dish. This eliminates excessive tossing or manual oil distribution, ensuring a more balanced and enjoyable eating experience.
- Reduced Caloric Intake: With an olive oil spray, you have better control over the amount of oil you use, which can help reduce your caloric intake. Applying a thin layer of oil lets you enjoy the flavors of your favorite dishes without compromising on taste.
- Versatility in Cooking Methods: Olive oil spray can be used with various cooking methods. Whether you're sautéing, grilling, roasting, or air frying, the sprayer allows you to add a light and even oil coating to achieve the desired results.
4. How do you thin olive oil for spraying?
To thin olive oil for spraying, you can follow these steps:
- Choose the Right Olive Oil: Start with a high-quality, extra virgin olive oil you prefer for its flavor and aroma. It's essential to use a good-quality oil since the taste will be prominent in the sprayed form.
- Pour the Olive Oil: Pour the desired amount of olive oil into a clean and dry container. It's recommended to start with a small quantity until you achieve the desired thinness, as you can always add more oil if needed.
- Add a Neutral Oil or Liquid: To thin the olive oil, you can add a neutral oil or a liquid that complements the flavor of your dishes. Standard options include canola oil, sunflower oil, or even water. Start by adding a small amount, such as a teaspoon or tablespoon, and mix it with the olive oil.
- Mix Thoroughly: Mix thoroughly with a whisk or fork to mix the olive oil and the added liquid. This will help to emulsify the mixture and create a consistent texture.
- Test and Adjust: After mixing, test the consistency by pouring a small amount into your sprayer and spraying it onto a plate or piece of food. If the oil is still too thick, gradually add more neutral oil or liquid and mix until you achieve the desired thinness. Repeat the testing process until you are satisfied with the spray consistency.
5. How can the best olive oil sprayer help prevent using too much oil?
The best olive oil sprayer is designed to provide better control over the amount of oil you use in your cooking. Its precise nozzle and adjustable spray settings enable you to spray a fine mist, ensuring you apply just the right amount without the risk of using too much.
Since not all oil sprayers are created equal when controlling oil usage. Choose the best oil sprayers that feature a high-quality stainless steel nozzle that delivers a fine mist, promoting even distribution and allowing you to avoid too much oil. This nozzle design sets them apart from less effective alternatives.
6. Are plastic bottles commonly used in the best oil sprayers?
While some oil sprayers may come with materials like heavy-duty Tritan plastic for the bottles, choosing sprayers with glass or stainless steel containers is generally recommended. Plastic bottles can deteriorate over time, potentially affecting the quality of the oil. Glass or stainless steel containers offer better durability and ensure the integrity of the oil remains intact.
7. How can the best oil sprayer be what you need for dressing salads?
The best oil sprayer is an excellent tool for dressing salads precisely. Its fine mist delivery allows you to evenly distribute a light coat of oil on your salad greens, ensuring they are lightly dressed without overwhelming them. This promotes healthier eating while still adding the desired flavor to your salads.