Did you know that the table design in your restaurant can significantly affect the dining experience of your guests? After all, before guests can experience the service in your restaurant or taste the dish, restaurant tables form the crucial first impression. Of course, diners seldom visit a restaurant only because they like the tables’ shape, size, or design, restaurant tables as a design element guide the overall ambiance and mood.
Therefore, you must put a lot of thought while selecting the restaurant tables – whether yours is a high-end steak house or a pizzeria, an elegant café, or a fine dining restaurant, Visit this Website to choose best quality restaurant tables with competitive price.
Important Tips to Choose the Best Tables for Your Restaurant
But restaurant tables come in several materials, designs, shapes, sizes, etc. On top of that, restaurant tables are available in several types or styles – from banquet tables to booths, from high-top tables to coffee tables. So, how do you select the perfect tables for your restaurant? Here are a few tips to help make up your mind:
1. Restaurant Table Material
High-quality commercial restaurant tables are available in various materials like solid wood, granite, butcher block, plastic, laminates, and many more. Each material has its own benefits and disadvantages, and your selection depends on your restaurant type, ambiance, and clientele.
- Classic wooden tables have an old-world charm and vintage look that can sparkle any ambiance.
- Resin and laminate tables come in various patterns and colors, are easy on the pocket, and are easy to clean & maintain.
- Butcher block tables have a warm, inviting tone and natural appearance.
- Similarly, metallic tables are the best choice if you wish to create a contemporary, industrial look.
- Glass tables are the epitome of elegance and sophistication – perfect for high-end restaurants.
- Rich, multi-colored tones of quartz and granite tables can enhance the visual appeal of any ambiance.
2. Restaurant Table Finishes
When it comes to protecting your restaurant tables from spills, it's a sensible choice to add a protective layer. Polyurethane, varnish, and lacquer are the most popular finishes available for restaurant tables.
- Polyurethane is one of the most durable finishes you can find in the market. It is scratch-proof, chemical-resistant, and water-proof.
- Varnish, an oil-based wood finish, has been around for centuries. Although it is not scratch-proof, it is transparent, easy to repair, and water-resistant.
- Resin-based lacquer is another popular finish for restaurant tables. It dries quickly and resembles varnish in properties.
3. Quality & Durability of Restaurant Tables
Furniture in any busy restaurant undergoes a lot of wear and tear, and it makes sense to invest in high-quality commercial furniture. While selecting tables for your restaurant, durability should be at the top of your mind.
Unless you plan to replace your restaurant tables every two-three year, select a durable table with a classic design.
Avoid buying tables built for home use as they lack the sturdiness and strength required for heavy use in a restaurant.
A quality, durable restaurant table might have a high price initially, but you will save on frequent repair/replacement costs in the longer run.
4. Restaurant Table Shapes
While selecting the shape of your restaurant table, you must consider the space in the dining room and its proportions. Most restaurant tables are available in square, round, or rectangular shapes:
- Round tables draw different design elements of the dining room towards themselves and promote conversation.
- Square and rectangular tables are versatile, practical and help utilize the corners of the dining room efficiently.
- Since round tables don’t have edges, they are safe for kids and ideal for family restaurants.
- While round tables work better in smaller spaces, you can join rectangular or square tables to increase your seating capacity during events like banquets, conferences, parties, etc.
5. Properly Matched Table with Bases
Table bases provide support and stability to restaurant tables and you must never ignore them. Select a table base too small, and the tablesbecome wobbly; choose a table base too large, and you don’t have sufficient legroom. Moreover, modern table base designs add to the beauty of restaurant tables and support them at the same time. Round and X-bases are the most popular choices for restaurant tables.
- Round table bases are the go-to choices for circular tables as they offer a balanced and symmetrical look. On the other hand, X-table bases are more appropriate for square or rectangular tables.
- Since round table bases are heavier than X-table bases of equivalent size, they tend to be pricier.
- Round table bases are easier to clean than X-table bases, but they block restaurant chairs to fit inside fully.
6. Restaurant Aesthetics
Let’s face it! No owner would want to compromise on aesthetics while selecting the restaurant tables. As a design element, a restaurant table should enhance the restaurant's aesthetics to create a cohesive appearance.
- To begin with, your table design should integrate seamlessly into the restaurant layout and floor plan.
- Your restaurant table must match the intended vibe or atmosphere you wish to create.
- Mixing restaurant tables of different shapes, sizes, and materials help create a vibrant space and allows you to seat different diner group sizes and demographics.
Summing it up
Finding the perfect table for your restaurant is never straightforward. There are several aspects to consider - from your restaurant type to clientele, from table size to its shape, from tabletops to table base. A well-selected restaurant table not only complements your restaurant's ambiance but also enhances the visual appeal.
This article discusses some practical and handy tips to consider while selecting tables for your restaurant. Hopefully, these tips will guide you to find the best restaurant table for your requirements to offer a unique dining experience for your guests.