Concrete Floorings And What You Need To Know
If you think that there is nothing more to the plain old concrete flooring, then think again. With new advances in technology and how we handle everyday things, it is no surprise that even concrete floors will get a revamp.
In today’s article, we will discuss all concrete floorings, decorative surfaces, the many ways to recreate concrete floors, getting it done on your own or hiring a flooring company, and so much more.
What Is Concrete Flooring?
Concrete flooring is a surface that makes use of concrete that works as a layer of flooring material. It finds its use in garages, patios, pool decks, office areas, and other utility settings. And now, concrete floorings have made their way into home interiors with an arsenal of designs and patterns that seem to be limitless.
Technology has given a hand in improving the quality of concrete and has made it into a feasible material that you can etch, polish, stamp, and mix with stains and other liquid solutions. Not only is it a utilitarian surface, but it is now also a work of art that many can see and appreciate.
Ways To Recreate Your Concrete Floors
A simple concrete flooring is good enough for your setting regardless if you place it outside or inside your home. It is durable and can withstand heavy use and traffic, and you can have it works its magic for years if you maintain it well.
But you can also level things up by recreating your concrete floors not only for them to have a better function but also to look more appealing and enticing. You can liven it up with decorative concrete finishes that include stamped concrete, stained concrete, concrete overlays, colored concrete, and polished concrete.
- Stamped Concrete – This method lets your concrete floor have a stone appearance. And stamped concrete is one of the more popular choices when it comes to recreating floors and surfaces. It is affordable and offers many designs and patterns.
- Stained Concrete – A stained concrete flooring uses a combination of concrete, acid, and chemical solutions that you apply on a surface to achieve a look that no other method can reproduce. The stains are water-based or acid-based and are both available in the market.
- Decorative Concrete Overlay – A decorative concrete overlay levels your surface and also leaves a decoration that you marvel at as you walk across it. You can go for this concrete flooring if you wish to clear out any imperfections on your existing surface area.
- Colored Concrete – This process is one of the more simple ways to update your concrete. You can choose from an array of hues and colors that all can provide a dramatic and decorative effect.
- Polished Concrete – If you want to go for something that requires no waxing at all, polished concrete is your ideal choice. The only downside to this is that you may have to work with heavy equipment to do the job.
Doing The Job On Your Own
Remodeling a concrete flooring on your own is a task that can bring out your creativity, enhance your time management and discipline, and polish your do-it-yourself skills. Not only do you have the freedom to do things at your own pace, but you also get to oversee the expenses that may come.
Check out online gigs, articles, blogs, videos, and other media that may help you understand the undertaking better. Doing so will manage to give you hacks and tricks and reduces the chances of committing a crucial mistake or two.
Hiring The Professionals
Doing the job by yourself is one thing. But it is also an overwhelming option to get in touch with a local flooring and resurfacing company that will do the job and make life so much easier on your end. They will provide you with the service of renewing your space while you get to work on other personal or private matters such as working, handling a business, finishing a side job, tending to the kids, or simply enjoy the show.
But bear in mind that while working by yourself is smart and cheap, it is not the same deal once you hire professionals. You will have to pay a whole lot more for a company’s services, and this may change depending on a lot of factors:
- The duration of a project
- The equipment and materials that the company will use
- Labor and professional costs
- And miscellaneous fees
It is a fact that you may have to shell out a lot more financial assets when pursuing this method to make your flooring into one that stands out. But the result is worth the expense and time, especially if you work with an enterprise that has years of experience in the field.
You can reduce costs by doing some research and finding a business that offers quality assistance for less. Some even showcase free estimates, so keep your eyes peeled.
What Are The Advantages Of Recreating Concrete Flooring?
- You get to select a new design that will fit into your home or outdoor setting’s theme or motif.
- Recreating concrete flooring does not cost so much as you do not need to get rid of the pre-existing concrete. You just have to work over it.
- Installation is an undertaking that you can handle by yourself or with the help of others.
- The maintenance does not mandate a lot of effort, and you rarely have to do repairs as long as you find some time and keep things in shape.
- A recreated concrete floor will last longer than single-layer flooring finishes.
Recreating concrete flooring is a fun endeavor that transforms your boring and dull concrete into a masterpiece that is unique in its own form. It will be a jewel in your home, and there is no doubt that visitors and guests will surely take notice.
It does not exactly matter if you manage the project of leveling-up your flooring unaccompanied or take a company’s aid as long as the affair gets done and it meets your desires and aspirations.