Are you considering renovating your house and want to install the best cooling system this time? Or you may struggle to find the best option that suits your budget and home. This article can help you choose the best one for you. Here you will learn the potential advantages of split and ducted air conditioners.
What's On This Page?
Split Air Conditioners
In split air conditioners, one part is located outside the home. You can name it the condenser. The rest you can attach to the interior wall of the room or office.
Advantages of Split System Air Conditioner
The split comes with several advantages, like:
- It's inexpensive as compared to ducted cooling systems.
- Splits are the best options for smaller properties. Also, you can easily install them in the apartment.
- Split is 100% remote control. With it, you can adjust the temperature of your room or zone.
- Splits come in different shapes and varieties to incorporate into your home interior.
- This cooling system is less noisy as compared to the ducted air conditioners.
- A split air conditioner is an energy-efficient option.
Disadvantages of Split System Air Conditioners
- Split cooling systems can cool only the areas where you install them.
- Its exterior condenser part may trouble your house's interior the way you want.
Figure 1. Split air conditioner
Ducted Air Conditioners
Ducted air conditioners, unlike the splits, take the house as one unit for cooling purposes. This system helps direct the cooled air in the different zones of the building. From an interior point of view, you can see only vents on the ceiling, which corporate your interior decor.
Advantages of Ducted Cooling System
- The primary advantage of the ducted cooling system is to cool the whole house or building.
- A centrally controlled system allows for the maintenance of a temperature with the help of a thermostat. This way, it becomes kinder for your furniture and pets.
- You can also turn off the cooling of specific rooms when they are not in use.
- Some ducted air conditioners can warm your home or building areas in the winter.
Drawbacks of Ducted Air Conditioners
- You can only install ducted air conditioners when you have adequate space for ducting. It may be unsuitable for specific structures.
- This cooling system is more expensive as compared to the split cooling systems. You have to pay for the whole building even if you need it for a few rooms.
- Ducted air conditioning is a noisy option as compared to splits. Irritation of a loud air conditioner may not provide a silent atmosphere in your home.
- This cooling system is hard-wired to the wall and can't facilitate you with the remote control.
Figure 2. Ducted air conditioner
How To Decide Which Is Best Between Ducted Or Split System Air Conditioners?
Choosing the right cooling system for you and your family is essential. Your requirements and budget can help you decide. If you want to select an air conditioning system for your office building and have a healthy budget, ducted air conditioners can be an option for you.
In the second scenario, if you consider replacing old air conditioners from your house on a low budget, a split system air conditioner may be the best for you. However, other factors, like electricity and maintenance costs, can also help you make a better decision.
Buying a quality air conditioning system from a certified source is critical. Further, knowing the specifications and details of your desired air conditioner can save you from unexpected situations.