Website Acuity International
The architect provides OBO with a full range of critical architectural and construction quality assurance and management and technical oversight of the Project. The incumbent is responsible for performing technical inspections, monitoring the contractor’s quality control program, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance. This position is established to support and assist OBO in ensuring the completion of the project in accordance with contract requirements.
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience required on construction projects of similar scope and value to the project supported by this Task Order. Design office experience shall not count toward an employee’s experience.
- An architectural degree from an accredited university is required;
- A Professional Architect License is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Must have Final Secret, Interim Top Secret (TS), or Final TS security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service at the time of proposal.
- Must be able to obtain a Final TS security clearance with DS granted Acceptability Review (AR) before deployment.
- U.S. Embassy construction program experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of architectural concepts principles and practices a familiarity with other engineering disciplines and architecture.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply general architectural rules and procedures in a variety of situations and recommend effective solutions to other engineers.
- Knowledge of architectural and construction standards, methods, practices and techniques, materials and equipment to determine compliance with Client codes and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Auto CAD
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to work 50 hours/week, five days/week, 10 hours/day
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, climb, bend, balance, and twist for extended periods.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to safely maneuver throughout the job site, i.e., climb and walk on scaffolding, climb ladders, and walk up or down steep grades.
- The incumbent ensures that the contractor is performing the required contract work in accordance with the design documents.
- The incumbent must be able to read design/construction drawings and be able to understand design narratives and calculations. Review engineering shop drawings and determine if the contractor has complied with the final design parameters.
- Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly.
- Responsible for performing quality assurance tasks, ensuring contractor’s work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensuring materials meet contract, reviewing contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolving conflicts.
- Monitor the construction contractor’s quality assurance and safety program. Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly.
- Monitor construction progress vis–vis the project schedule and submit weekly progress reports with recommendations based on the technical review of project documents and field inspections.
- Perform technical inspections of the architectural elements of the project.
- The incumbent must understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have an understanding of the principals of his/her discipline and how it fits in with other disciplines.
- The incumbent must be able to review shop drawings and submittals from the contractor and determine if coordination with other disciplines are necessary in addition to monitoring on-going construction work to identify problems or non-compliance with design or contract specifications.
- Prepares construction reports detailing construction progress and identifies any problem with the construction process related to the incumbent’s area of expertise. After problems are discovered, evaluate contractor’s proposed remedy. Formulate solutions for the Project Director/Construction Manager. Work on the construction site will be performed to U.S. standards; the incumbent should have current working knowledge of acceptable products and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Director.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit acuityinternational.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.