Website PM Group
The Architect position is an exciting opportunity to join PM Group’s quickly growing Basel team. We will all be sharing knowledge, learning, growing, and continuing to be an integral part of supporting PM Group’s ongoing expansion in Switzerland.
Who we are
PM Group is an employee-owned, international project delivery firm with a team of 3,500+ people. We are world leaders in the pharma, food, medtech and mission-critical sectors. From our network of offices in Europe, Asia and the US, we work with the world’s leading organisations. We are focused on growing a sustainable business centred around our people, our clients and trade partners.
Growing in Switzerland/Germany
Our Swiss business has grown substantially over the past year, with many new team members joining us in our new Basel office. We are executing exciting and important projects for our multi-national clients, leading to great opportunities to develop your career.
Our German business is now also growing, and we are currently recruiting team members for our new Frankfurt office.
We are looking for an Architect who enjoys client interaction as well as the technical aspects of the position.
This individual needs to have an understanding of the technical aspects of Architectural design.
The ability to successfully handle multiple real-time complex project and operational tasks as well as maintain a strong work ethic and drive to deliver for clients as a collaborative colleague are a must for this role.
The Architect will work in a multidisciplinary team to lead and execute all phases of design, including but not limited to initial programming, planning, feasibility, scope and concept development, detailed design, construction documentation, and construction administration.
Knowledge of International Building Codes and the ability to produce construction document preparation (e.g., graphics, detailing, and specifications) as well as carry out organization and distribution during all stages of the project development (e.g., review, bid, permit, etc.).
Project sizes will vary and will consist primarily of life science industry projects doing both existing building improvements and new construction.
- 7+ Years of experience within the life sciences industry is required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Fluent German or French and English
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and an ability to work within a multi-discipline team environment
- Excellent commercial skills with the ability to manage projects to budget hours and commercial return targets, as well as implement change management procedures
- A Bachelor’s of Architecture or a Masters of Architecture degree
- NCARB Certification preferred
- Knowledge of cGMPs, as they pertain to biotechnology, pharmaceutical, etc. is preferred
- LEED AP / DGNB preferred
- The flexibility and willingness to travel moderately to meet client and project requirements, etc.
- Assist with the development of project resource plans and the pricing for proposals within the architectural discipline
- Support the present PM Group qualifications to new and existing clients
- Assist with client meetings to assess needs and develop an associated project program
- Develop conceptual designs and coordinate with engineers on the design team
- Develop the BIM model for the resulting design and coordinate with the BIM Coordinator and all other internal and external project team members
- Coordinate the design and construction information within the constraints of cost, time, and quality
- Develop construction drawings and specifications that incorporate client, regulatory, and industry standards
- Take responsibility for discipline related internal and external project communications and coordination
- Provide regular informal constructive feedback on performance to others in order to improve capability and confidence
- Perform fieldwork as required for project execution (e.g., taking field dimensions, field visits during construction, etc.).
- Special projects as needed
To apply for this job please visit careers.pmgroup-global.com.