$61,700 – $108,200 a year
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of Architectural drawings and specifications including renderings and presentation boards;
- Code compliance for new construction and renovations of transportation related facilities;
- Perform local and/or regional site inspections/investigations of projects
- Attend meetings
- Project Coordination
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Typical projects types include:
- Transportation segments include rail, bus, airports and marine ports; Facility building types include administration buildings, tolling structures, parking structures, bus and rail stations including associated maintenance facilities, ancillary buildings, vent buildings, etc.;
- Pre-K through higher education school buildings;
- Low rise office buildings as well as office fit outs;
- Resiliency related studies and design;
- Parks and recreation centers.
Growth Opportunities include:
- Develop into the architectural lead on projects;
- Manage junior staff to deliver projects on time;
- Assist on the development of proposals
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor of Architecture or Bachelor of Arts/ Science in Architecture with a Masters in Architecture
- 1 to 3 years of relevant post education experience in architecture, transportation experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of architectural principles, practices, process, and the application to project work-related issues.
- Familiarity with building planning, drawing standards, design, and construction management; including restorative and new design.
- Competent creative, visualization, and technical drawing skills.
- Knowledge of construction drawing standards.
- Highly familiar with relevant building and construction laws, regulation, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Analytical mindset with an ability to exercise sound judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation, technology, math principles, graphics, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Solid understanding of architectural tools (AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp, Microstation, Adobe Creative Suite).
- Self-starter, able to work independently and able to multi-task.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Prior design experience.
- Familiarity with NY State and NYC Building codes is a plus.
- A member of and/or actively participate in local professional practice organizations.
- Detailed experience related in architectural building design and rehabilitation with construction exposure a plus.
- Experience within the transportation industry is also a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.