Website PM Group
The Architect II position is an exciting opportunity to join PM Group’s quickly growing Philadelphia area team out of Conshohocken, PA. Together, we will all be sharing knowledge, learning, growing, and continuing to be an integral part of supporting PM Group’s ongoing expansion in the US. Our office is executing cutting-edge projects for Cell & Gene Therapy, Biologics, and other Life Science facilities – from feasibility through to construction – for both local and international clients. Together with our clients and partners, we will deliver projects that improve the everyday lives of people across the globe.
This is a mid-career position, and we are looking for an Architect who is passionate about design. This individual needs to have a strong understanding of the technical aspects of architecture and a desire to continue growing within the Life Sciences industry. The ability to successfully handle multiple real-time complex projects and maintain a strong work ethic and drive to deliver for clients as a collaborative colleague are necessary for this role. The Architect II will be mentored by senior Architects and will support the development of design documents. Expect project work to include all levels of design: feasibility studies, conceptual & schematic design, construction documentation, and construction administration. Project sizes will vary and will consist primarily of life science industry projects ranging from existing building improvements to large new greenfield facilities.
PM Group is an employee-owned, international project delivery firm with a team of 3,700+ people. We are world leaders in the pharma, food, biotech, medical technology and mission-critical sectors. From our network of offices in Europe, Asia, and the US, we work with the world’s leading organizations. We are focused on growing a sustainable business centered on our people, our clients and our trade partners.
- A professional degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect licensure (RA) is preferred
- 5+ Years’ experience performing Architectural design work
- Life Science industry experience is strongly preferred
- Good commercial awareness and business acumen
- Good understanding of all disciplines
- Proficient in the use of Revit, AutoCAD and MS Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent spatial awareness
- Strong work ethic
- Able to manage time efficiently to achieve project goals
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Generate design drawings under supervision of Lead Architect and Principal
- Take design brief and develop concepts and design intent
- Develop appropriate design solutions in close consultation with the Lead Architect
- Prepare and coordinate project information and its timely issue to the Sr. Project Architect, Client, Contractor and the project team
- Coordinate the activities of the design team and provide feedback to the Project Architect
- Participate in design reviews
- Strong understanding of Building Codes, technical standards and regulations
- Support the Project Architect in ensuring that all project files are set up and processes comply with PM Group procedures
- Responsible for working with the Sr. Project Architect to ensure designs are compliant with building regulations and planning constraints
- Participate in regular site visits when applicable to the project
- Pursue and complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Responsible to the Sr. Project Architect for coordination of design and construction information within the constraints on quality, time and costs
- Foster a collaborative/team working spirit and take a positive approach towards development of self and others
- Actively help and support others to achieve team goals
- Proactively promote Design Risk Assessment best practices and seek to eliminate identified hazards during the early design phases
- The ability to think creatively
- Keep people informed and bring out the best in people through enthusiasm and recognition
- Special projects as assigned
To apply for this job please visit careers.pmgroup-global.com.