Looking for a fresh change? NAC-Columbus is searching for an architect who has a passion for healthcare design! Join us in our Just Cause – To bring healthcare to underserved communities! NAC works within a hybrid work schedule to bring out the most excellent performance for our teams.
Architect III– Certified, licensed architect plus a minimum of eight years of architecture-related experience. Fully competent architect in all conventional aspects of architectural designs for projects of medium to large size and complexity. Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned major project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meet the client’s needs. Provides professional architectural consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of large complex projects. Independently applies advanced architectural concepts and designs. Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. May provide technical guidance to less experienced architects. Project size differentiates this position from a senior architect.
- Proficiency in Revit required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites required (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficiency with Sketch-Up or Rhino is required. Lumion, Enscape, and V-Ray are a plus
- Strong working knowledge of zoning and building codes, specifications, building /engineering systems, and agency requirements (NFPA, ADAAG, FGI, OBC, IBC, etc.)
- Possesses a balanced blend of design and technical skills
- Knowledge of the design process, construction documentation, and construction administration
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet schedule deadlines and work within the client’s budget
- Excellent organizational skills and client presentation skills
- Passion for providing exceptional client service
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Licensed Architect who works independently and is responsible for finished plans, specifications, and approval of materials and construction.
- Participates in the conceptual design and provides full support through the entire project
- Coordinates the planning and development of construction and design document production and provides technical expertise to ensure coordinated and high-quality documents.
- Responsible for conducting construction administration duties, such as site visits, RFI responses, submittals, and punch list reviews
- Liaises with Project Management, other architects, and consultants
- Develops and represents lead technical viewpoint on projects
- Involve explorations of subject area, definition of scope, selection of items for investigation, and development of novel concepts and methods
- Participates in preparing reports and specifications. Review completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations
- Responsible for following project budget, task schedule, and other components of the work plan with the Project Manager
- Responsible for monitoring personal billing and working at maximizing the team’s quality and efficiency in assigned tasks
- Responsible for coordinating with clients, project teams, consultants, and contractors to ensure trust and confidence
- Provide leadership and oversight of a team of project architects, project associates, and interns
- Provide leadership for client meetings
- Assists in analyses of design, design data, and planning as it relates to project scope
- Contribute innovative design solutions that consistently capture the intended design vision.
- Contribute to bold design solutions that balance scale, aesthetics, and context to maximize the impact on the individual and community.
- May participate in marketing efforts and lead presentations to prospective clients
- Certified Architectural License required
- NCARB Certificate as needed on project assignments
- LEED AP and sustainable design experience preferred
- May direct and mentor project associates or interns
- This position operates in a professional open office environment with low to moderate noise levels, including collaborative work areas for team meetings. Each office provides collaborative work areas and shared resources such as video conferencing, printing/scanning, and a café for dining. Building construction sites may include varying temperatures, wind, dust, and noise levels and may include hazardous and dirty conditions.
- Hand/Wrist/Finger dexterity for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week
- Ability to lift a set of construction documents
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Position/Hours expected to work
- This is a full-time position with the expectation of working a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel depending on project assignments
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture or Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited university preferred or have met the required architectural experience for license testing.
- Master of Architecture preferred
- A minimum of eight years of architecture practice experience
- Sponsorship may be considered
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.