Website O'Neil Langan Architects
O’Neil Langan Architects is seeking a Japanese-speaking architectural designer to work with us on high-end retail projects with an emphasis in Japanese clientele. Fluency in Japanese is critical for this role, as is the ability to be physically on-site in our Manhattan office for client-facing meetings.
OLA is home to a talented, close-knit team that’s passionate about producing excellent retail design, and we’re seeking motivated designers who are excited to grow in this fast-paced field.
As an architect at OLA, you will be deeply involved in project development from schematic design to construction, with significant opportunity for growth. Working closely with senior staff and principals on each new project, you will receive valuable mentorship from veteran architects as you perfect your craft.
OLA works with high-end retail brands in the United States and internationally, and we aim to be the best at what we do. Take a look at our website to see the type of work we offer our clients. If you have a drive to be a part of our vision and the skill set to bring it to life, we want to hear from you!
This position is currently a hybrid work role and will require workers to meet project output standards from home part of the time (1-2 days a week) using a combination of personal and remote PC hardware. Our ideal candidates will be located in New York City or the immediate region, and will be able to work primarily in-office at our Manhattan headquarters, but also at from home when necessary.
OLA’s benefits package includes health (including an annual HRA account of $3,000), 401(k), and transit, as well as voluntary dental, vision, and more.
- BArch, MArch or equivalent Interior Design degree
- 1-5 years of experience working in an architecture or design firm required
- MUST have strong Japanese language skills
- MUST be based locally in the NYC metro area
- Strong drafting experience in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have strong, clear communication and presentation rendering skills.
- Ability to handle fast-paced projects and deadlines
Please reply with the following:
- Attached resume as well as portfolio in PDF format, maximum 10mb file size
- Salary requirements – $58,000 – $85,000, depending on experience and skill set
- Resumes submitted without salary requirements, portfolios, or that don’t meet the candidate requirements above will not be reviewed.
If contacted for an interview, please be prepared to show working drawing sets you’ve put together in addition to your portfolio.
Thank you for your interest in OLA!
Please submit all resumes and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com