Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF), a global architecture firm headquartered in New York City, is hiring an Architectural 3D Animator. This position will report to the Head of the Visualization Team. The Animator will work with project teams in the design studio on competitions and project development/ presentations, as well as with the Marketing Department (including direct collaboration with the Senior Content Manager and Video Producer) for project storytelling that feeds into PR and Communications.
The nature of animations will be diverse, ranging from experiential views and sequences within architectural projects, to didactic, diagrammatic scenes that might communicate the process of how a project was designed or constructed, or explain its various systems. We seek an individual who is willing to adopt new programs, bring creativity to the role of visualization and storytelling architecture while working as part of collaborative teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 0-5 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Rhino
- Familiar with at least one of the following programs: 3DS Max, Blender, Enscape, Chaos Suite, Twinmotion, Unreal Engine, Maxon Suite, and After Effects
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Working closely with project teams, the marketing department and leadership to strategize the direction of an animation to properly communicate the content
- Ability to create realistic cinematics at various scales (from individual buildings to urban scale)
- Strong understanding of composition, lighting, realistic material creation, texturing, and storytelling through animations & walkthroughs
- Experience with 2D Animation / Motion Graphics (in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator) is a plus
- Editing (in Adobe Premiere Pro) of final animations to include graphic effects, music and sound design, in collaboration with video team
- Archiving and organization of completed work
To apply, please provide:
- A resume
- A cover letter in which you address which of the above skills you possess, your primary interest in animation, and in what areas you would like to grow.
- Please include 2-3 samples that you think best demonstrate your skill level in animation (regardless of relevance) and 2-3 samples relevant to the content of this job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com