Koto Design is hiring an architectural assistant/designer to join its team in London.
The designer will work closely with the Koto team to ensure that all designs meet functional requirements while also maintaining a high level of aesthetic appeal. This will involve collaborating with consultants to ensure that the designs are practical and feasible, whilst aligning with the Koto brand and aesthetic. The designer will need to have a good understanding of construction detailing and engineering principles and be able to communicate effectively with our various partnering manufacturers to ensure that all aspects of the project are aligned and working together seamlessly.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture
- Master’s degree in architecture (Preferred)
- Experience across riba stage 0 to 3 (4 to 5 experience desirable)
- Minimum two years experience in architectural practice or the construction industry
- Proficiency in sketchup and Adobe suite
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Legal right to work within the UK
- Travel Will be required within the UK
If your experience doesn’t match this exactly but you have other skills relevant to this role then we’d still love to hear from you.
- Work closely with clients to understand their needs and objectives
- Work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Develop design proposals from riba stage 0 to 3
- Develop project timelines and budgets
- Oversee the implementation of all design elements to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Present design proposals to clients
- Coordinate with engineers, contractors and other professionals to ensure the successful completion of projects
- Review and approve all project drawings and documents
- Monitor project progress and make necessary adjustments to timelines and budgets
- Prepare and submit planning applicationsEnsure compliance with building codes and regulations
- 25 days annual leave
- Fully flexible working hours
- Koto is a remote working company with our Team members based across the UK with no fixed office location
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Regular Team social away days
To apply for this job please visit kotodesign.typeform.com.