Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is an established, successful, and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the social housing sector. Established in 1980, we have four decades of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Based at our modern Head Office in Huddersfield and offering hybrid working, we are looking to recruit a personable, bright, and ambitious Part II Architectural Assistant with strong conceptual design and presentation skills combined with excellent organisational and technical ability.
Working in a fast-paced, dynamic Design Team made up of Architects and Technologists of varying experience, from university graduates to more seasoned & fully qualified professionals who work on multiple projects at any one time, you will work on varied projects across the UK from new builds to high refurbishments offering experience in each of the RIBA stages.
The close-knit team dynamics mean you will work closely with senior team members who will provide technical support and knowledge to assist your career progression. You will also have the opportunity to develop skills on a range of software packages i.e. Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, In Design, Photoshop, etc.
- RIBA Part 2 qualification (a minimum of 2 years UK office experience)
- Competent use of AutoCAD/Revit/InDesign/SketchUp/Photoshop
- Proven experience in a Design Office
- Construction technical knowledge/awareness depending on experience
- Experience in Building and Planning regulations/procedures
- Creative design flair
- Good interpersonal, communication and written articulation skills
- A team player with the determination to drive projects forward
- Scheme designs from inception (RIBA stage 1 to 6)
- Detailed scheme designs for planning applications
- Producing working drawings/specifications
- Production of Planning, Building Control and Construction Issue Drawings
- Attending site and liaising with clients and contractors
- Be part of a modern, growing, forward-thinking consultancy
- Up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 9-day fortnight rota option for flexible work/life balance opportunities
- Bonus schemes
- 3-5% Contributory pension scheme & four times salary life assurance
- Regular performance and salary reviews to ensure our people progress in their careers
- Payment of Professional Institute training/examination fees/ subscription fees
- Excellent fully funded training programme with regular in-house CPD events to support career development
- Fun social & team building events organized & paid for by the company
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Apply via our website to upload a CV & cover letter along with details of your current and anticipated remuneration package. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.mdysoncareers.co.uk.