Ridge and Partners are looking for an Architectural Assistant Part 2 to join our new Architecture Team in our Birmingham (Solihull) office. The team will form part of our established multidisciplinary office and will see it develop and expand our architecture capabilities in the Midlands area.
We are an AJ100 architecture practice and a significant part of a multi-disciplinary design practice. Our design portfolio is world-class, and we are currently working on several exciting new projects, including advanced manufacturing, Science, Healthcare, Education, Defence, and Workplace projects, which result in a diverse, growing, and exciting practice. We work across the UK and internationally, where we both design and deliver a range of projects in terms of scale and sector.
We are known for our collaborative and consultative approach, integrated multi-disciplinary design philosophy, and technical excellence. We pride ourselves in applying these skills when designing and delivering environments to enhance human activities and experiences.
- Architecture degree. Arb (UK Architectural Registration Board) Part 2 accreditation or recognized degree
- Post Part 2 experience in a UK-based office
- Working knowledge of UK Building Regulations and their application
- AutoCAD & Revit
- DIVA for Rhino, grasshopper for Rhino
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between our clients and our highly skilled project teams. You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high level of diligence and organizational skills.
- Assist in productions of Architectural drawings, reports, and concepts (RIBA Stages 1-5)
- Assistance with formulating and communicating the brief effectively to colleagues as required
- Carry out studies and design proposals for review
- Assistance with planning applications, Building Regulations, and appeals
- Work autonomously on concept layouts to comply with UK Building Regulations
- Inspection of building work on-site
- This role offers the chance to progress your career within architecture at a forward-thinking, friendly company
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills as part of a dynamic team
- Exposure to a variety of projects, sectors, clients, and discipline experts
- Ability to contribute to the growth and development of the team approach, adding value for our Clients
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
- Income Protection
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle to Work Scheme
- Buying and Selling Annual Leave
- Gym Membership Scheme
- Company Car Scheme
Please submit work examples as part of the application.
To apply for this job please visit careers-ridge.icims.com.