Do you want to work for a multi-award-winning property and construction consultancy where you will be involved in projects that are rich and diverse, spanning many different building types and sectors, both here in the UK and internationally?
At Ridge, we offer client care and advice that very few, if any, can match. The Architecture team fully embraces this philosophy by approaching each and every project with a straightforward desire to create simple, elegant, sustainable, and functional buildings and structures that withstand the test of time in terms of style, performance, and user needs.
This is a great time to join our team as we enter a period of expansion following several successful bids. As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for a talented Architectural Assistant. You will join our experienced and growing Architectural team in Oxfordshire, working on projects that include hotels, advanced manufacturing, education buildings, healthcare, offices, motorsport, and R&D projects.
- Architecture degree. Arb (UK Architectural Registration Board) Part 2 accreditation or recognized degree
- Post Part 2 experience in a UK-based office
- Working knowledge of UK Building Regulations and their application
- AutoCAD & Revit
- DIVA for Rhino, grasshopper for Rhino
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between our clients and our highly skilled project teams. You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high level of diligence and organizational skills.
- Assist in production of Architectural drawings, reports, and concepts (RIBA Stages 1-5)
- Assistance with formulating and communicating the brief effectively to colleagues as required
- Carry out studies and design proposals for review
- Assistance with planning applications, Building Regulations, and appeals
- Work autonomously on concept layouts to comply with UK Building Regulations
- Inspection of building work on-site
- This role offers the chance to progress your career within architecture at a forward-thinking, friendly company
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills as part of a dynamic team
- Exposure to a variety of projects, sectors, clients, and discipline experts
- Ability to contribute to the growth and development of the team approach, adding value for our Clients
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
- Income Protection
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle to Work Scheme
- Buying and Selling Annual Leave
- Gym Membership Scheme
- Company Car Scheme
Please submit work examples as part of the application.
To apply for this job please visit careers-ridge.icims.com.