Ridge LLP is looking for an Architectural Assistant Part 2 to join our Architecture team based in our London office, with over 90 staff covering a multitude of different disciplines, including Architecture, Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, and Engineering.
This is in response to the demand for our Architectural services, which continues to grow. Our technical facilities portfolio is world-class, and we have recently secured several exciting new projects.
Our existing portfolio of projects has a wealth of experience in designing headquarters buildings, manufacturing and F1 team facilities, Educational buildings, Hospitality buildings, Leisure and Stadia buildings, Offices, and one-off commissions, which results in a diverse and exciting practice.
- Evidence of a good design understanding e.g., a good design portfolio
- Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
- Excellent organisational skills
- Revit skills are preferred
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks and in response to direction or instruction
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of an effective team, assisting and supporting team members
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Desirable Ability to use some of the following: PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Reporting to the Project Leader of the current project on a day-to-day basis and ultimately to the Practice Partners.
- Prepare, develop, and edit, under the guidance of the project leader or nominated architect, drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design
- Where appropriate, assisting with Client Liaison in conjunction with other professionals to establish building type, style, cost limitations, and potential landscaping requirements.
- If required – analyse the site survey in conjunction with the project leader and advise the client on development and construction details, taking into account the surrounding areas.
- Where appropriate monitor construction work in progress to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Develop, where required, representations of design options for further discussion by the design team.
- Record evidence of your professional experience in accordance with the requirements of the RIBA (or equivalent as applicable e.g., AIA)
- This role offers the chance to progress your career within architecture at a forward-thinking, friendly company
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills as part of a dynamic team
- Exposure to a variety of projects, sectors, clients, and discipline experts
- Ability to contribute to the growth and development of the team approach, adding value for our Clients
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
- Income Protection
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle to Work Scheme
- Buying and Selling Annual Leave
- Gym Membership Scheme
- Company Car Scheme
Please submit work examples as part of the application.
To apply for this job please visit careers-ridge.icims.com.