BRIBURN is a small studio located in the Old Port of Portland, Maine, dedicated to collaborative, environmentally conscious, innovative design strategies. BRIBURN is seeking an architectural designer with 1-3 years of experience that is ready to join us pursuing the future of sustainable, low-carbon architectural design.
You will join a tight-knit and passionate, collaborative design group at the junior level, with as much room to grow within it as your enthusiasm and talent encourage. All members of the design group develop design presentations, details, and research projects together, and help to coordinate work outside the studio, including directly with owners, contractors, and consultants.
At BRIBURN, we don’t just design buildings; we create artful, beautiful structures that reduce the negative impact of architecture on the planet. Our core values drive everything we do, from our commitment to integrity, leadership in sustainable design, innovation, community involvement, and listening to the unique needs of our clients. We maintain a healthy and thriving office where everyone feels they belong.
- Required: completion of a five-year architectural degree program and/or master’s in architecture.
- Required: Some knowledge of and understanding of sustainable design, such as operational carbon calculations, lifecycle analysis, designing for biodiversity, high-performance building envelope design.
- Required: Proven ability in digital architecture software.
- Desired: 1-3 years in an architecture office.
- Desired: Ability to keep small plants alive.
- Desired: Specific proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Twin Motion, and Adobe Suite.
- Desired: Experience with energy modelling and/or WUFI Passive software.
- Desired: Craft skills, modelmaking, 3D Printing.
- Design Chops – You have a visual eye for good design and enjoy coming up with creative, thoughtful solutions to problems.
- Commitment to Saving the Planet – You’re psyched to be a part of the sustainable design movement and are actively engaged in ongoing advancements in the field.
- Enthusiasm – You take the initiative to resolve problems as they arise and look for ways in which things can be improved.
- A Cool Head – We are not a high-pressure kind of studio, but there’s lots of important work to do and, with collective support, you’ll have to balance multiple simultaneous projects and research efforts.
- Passion – We are constantly passing around books, magazines, details, and stories about buildings we like, and love it when new voices add to the conversation.
- Retirement plan with employer contribution.
- Paid time off, paid holidays & paid holiday leave.
- Continuing educational stipends & Professional Licensing reimbursements.
- Healthcare stipends.
- Flexible work personal life balance.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
BRIBURN is an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. We encourage you to join us in our mission to create exceptional, sustainable, and inspiring architecture. If you’re ready to contribute to the beauty, sustainability, and innovation of our projects, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today and be part of something exceptional!
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and list of references to the attention of Harry Hepburn (Accounting@briburn.com).
To apply for this job email your details to Accounting@briburn.com