Website MA | Morris Adjmi Architects
Morris Adjmi Architects (“MA”) is a multidisciplinary design practice dedicated to interpreting the historic forces that shape cities to create buildings that stand out by fitting in. MA is recognized for its creative use of new materials and technologies, sophisticated, sustainable designs, and thoughtful engagement with the arts. Each design decision is guided by a deep appreciation for and understanding of the integral architectural, cultural, civic, environmental, and economic forces that shape a project.
An Architectural Designer I/Architect I (ADI/AI) at MA is fully competent in all conventional aspects of architecture and can skillfully and independently perform a variety of creative design and technical assignments for projects of moderate size and complexity. The ADI/AI participates in all phases of design, including concept design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding and negotiation, and construction administration, and is responsible for the development of design and technical solutions for various aspects of a project.
- Professional degree in Architecture
- ADI: Actively pursuing architectural registration
- AI: Licensure required
- Other accreditations encouraged (AIA, LEED)
- 3+ years of related experience
- Proficient in 3D modeling using software such as Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, and SketchUp; Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Uphold the MA Core Values in all aspects of work
- Effectively advise project team, ensuring collaboration between internal disciplines (PM, Interiors, Art), consultants, and contractors
- Model positive leadership, communication, and organizational skills; mentor and facilitate growth of less experienced colleagues
- Develop additional standards and protocols to create more efficient and effective work with a specific focus on FF&E and Materials.
- Lead in-house learning seminars to advance firm-wide technical knowledge
- Effectively communicate with team members and organize workload; meet established deadlines
- Supervise and ensure the maintenance of materials within the Interiors Materials Library
- Complete tasks with accuracy, precision, and attention to detail
- Be a clear written and verbal communicator with strong presentation skills
Project Design & Planning
- Understand the MA “Project Road Map” as well as project schedule and pertinent deadlines
- Participate in project design and development from concept through documentation
- Assist team in the preparation of client design presentations (selecting conceptual images, generating 3D views, rendered elevations, material selections)
- Develop an understanding of what should be included in a client presentation based on the meeting agenda
- Prepare design presentation documents, renderings, and materials
- Implement design direction based on leadership feedback
- Develop and maintain Project Directory
- Maintain project file structure
- Coordinate activities of consultants as appropriate
- Support the production of Design Development and Construction Document sets
- Consistently review work for accuracy; update documentation from redlines
- Prepare drawings, schedules, and specifications with oversight; review as required
- Update construction documentation from redlines
- Develop new or identify existing details to be utilized for the project
- Comply with MA Presentation Standards and Project Checklists
- Self-check own work
- Research and reference building code and accessibility requirements
- Have a familiarity with the BIM execution plan
- Archive project emails and maintain standard server file organization
- Attend site meetings as an observer as directed
- Prepare surveys of existing conditions
- Assist with Field Reports and Punch Lists
- Maintain proper RFI Logs and Submittal Logs
- Assist with review of RFIs and Submittals
MA has a distinctive culture founded upon our collective passion for community building, both in and out of the office. We are committed to maintaining a culture and sense of community by creating an enriching work environment built on collaboration, open communication, shared values, and common goals, complemented by engaging programming.
This includes daily lunches, firm-wide “On-the-Boards” presentations, offsite events such as the “Beautiful Spaces” series, and in-house art exhibitions.
MA offers a competitive and holistic compensation package that aligns with our core values of personal health and wellness, pay equity, and professional development, including but not limited to paid time off, paid health insurance, 401(k), and a number of ancillary benefits as well as financial incentives for licensure, professional certifications, and industry organization participation.
MA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and achieving an equal balance of pay within our industry based on merit and in accordance with the annual benchmarks set by the AIA, regardless of gender identity, gender expression, race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, or any legally protected status.
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions. Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.