DAHLIN is a diverse architecture, planning, and interior firm practice of 170+ multicultural professionals located throughout the Western United States. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive.
We are currently seeking an ARCHITECTURAL SENIOR JOB CAPTAIN / PROJECT SPECIALIST to join our PLEASANTON, CA location. Working under the minimal guidance of a senior project team member, this person will be responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned major project or several small projects, including the investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meet the client’s needs. Experience in HEALTHCARE and OSHPD/HCAi required.
This role requires team members to work in the office a minimum of 3 days per week.
- 5+ years’ experience, with at least 3 years as a job captain required.
- Graduate of an accredited 4 or 5-year architecture school.
- Experience with OSHPD/HCAi required.
- Commitment to their own professional growth, preferably to obtaining licensure as an architect.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without any restrictions or visa sponsorship.
- Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus!
- Experienced in building codes, understanding different product types, and how the code determines how the buildings are constructed.
- Strong skills in the production of construction drawings, start to finish
- Strong skills and talent in SketchUp modeling, AutoCAD, and Revit/BIM; Adobe Design Suite experience preferred
- Experience working in construction phases of projects
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate with other design professionals
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow-through
- Excellent graphic, communication, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Able to effectively and positively provide direction and lead architectural staff
- Takes direction from the Project Architect or Project Manager.
- May be responsible for recommending that the project be stamped and signed by the Principal in Charge.
- Successfully coordinates all technical and/or design efforts through all phases of development, including Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
- Provide professional architectural consultation from the end of Design Development through building permit submittal and Construction Administration.
- Understands the requirements of project documentation and specifications, as well as applicable building codes and jurisdictional ordinances.
- Independently applies advanced architectural concepts and designs
- Review drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Monitor budgets and schedules and maintain project documentation
- Submit reports and specifications as requested
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients, outside consultants, and technical staff.
- Supervision of technical staff and redlining others’ work may be required
- A competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications.
- Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- An opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
To apply for this job please visit dahlingrouparchitectureplanning.applytojob.com.