Website smbw pllc
The Technical Director is responsible for firm-wide technical quality review and quality management, developing and maintaining firm-wide technical standards, providing leadership and mentorship to staff, and contributing to firm operations as an advisor on technical design, architectural technology, talent development, and process improvement. The role requires the understanding and application of responsibilities across all project types the firm executes. In addition, the candidate will need to fulfill Project Architect duties on projects as the need requires and time permits.
- 9-12 years of previous experience in the architectural/interior field, with a minimum 5-year professional degree from an accredited university. A strong background in Technical Building Design on ground-up, renovation, and interior architecture projects. An architecture license is required.
- Experienced in all aspects of architecture, interior planning, design, and construction with acute awareness, understanding, and acknowledgment of the relationships of project schedules, design fees, project budgets, etc.
- Knowledgeable about relevant construction methodologies, construction detailing, and drawing standards.
- Extensive knowledge of building code and plan check processes across multiple local jurisdictions.
- Proven leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills with the capacity to provide a positive atmosphere for learning and professional growth for all professional staff at all levels.
- Responsible for QA/QC of all firm project contract documents. Responsible for detailed final review and approval of all construction documents and specifications prior to stamping and signature.
- Assists project teams with the creation of complex or newly defined details to improve the clarity and specificity of project drawings. Assures these new details become part of the company standards library. Verifies integrity of design and constructability for construction drawings and details.
- Monitor, develop, and improve firm-wide QA processes that will enable the office to produce high-quality drawings and specifications.
- Develop technical standards and ensure that they are integrated into the process.
- Provide technical support to staff and monitor documentation process identifying issues that require review, study, or development. Prepare and conduct in-house technical training to disseminate knowledge on code changes and methodologies.
- Manage the firm architectural detail library and standard templates for CAD and Revit and publish updated material.
- Maintain relationships with local jurisdictional leadership and stay current with entitlement processes, code requirements, and regulations for all jurisdictions where the firm is executing projects.
- Identify and advise on computing, BIM, CAD, and 3D modeling technologies solutions for short and long-term implementation.
- Participate in projects as a project architect as needed to accomplish production goals and as allowed by primary workload as technical director.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes and any inquiries to Architectural Principal Spencer Grice and/or Interior Design Principal Michelle Mikita. Please include “Technical Director” in the subject line of your email. You may also direct any questions or inquiries to the same email address.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com