Michael Dyson Associates Ltd, is an established, successful, and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the social housing sector. Established in 1980, we have four decades of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Commencing Summer 2024 and based at our Head Office in Huddersfield this is a fantastic opportunity for career driven students looking for a year in a dynamic construction consultancy as part of their sandwich degree course. The successful applicants will be part of our Design Team working alongside experienced staff who will offer guidance and support during your time with us.
- Successful completion of second year studies passing all core modules
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Willingness to travel (all expenses paid by the company)
- Good IT proficiency especially MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD & Revit
- An organised and methodical approach to your work.
- An able communicator in both written & verbal forms.
- A confident and enthusiastic manner.
- That you are a self-starter and can be trusted to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Undertake measured surveys of existing buildings
- Site surveys and construction site visits
- Use and training in AutoCad/Revit (BIM) software
- Use and training in Photoshop, InDesign and SketchUp
- Work on both refurbishment and new build schemes
- Completion of feasibility and technical design drawings
- Production of visuals and presentation material
- Involvement in planning and building control applications
- Up to £22,000 salary
- £500 relocation allowance
- Up to 30 days annual leave inc banks holidays
- 9-day fortnight rota option for flexible work/life balance opportunities
- Use of pool vehicle for all business travel
- Full in-house support & guidance from our experienced and qualified team Technicians, Technologists and Architects to commence your RIBA or CIAT training path
- Opportunity for sponsorship in final year studies and Graduate employment thereafter
- Excellent fully funded training programme with regular in-house CPD events to support career development
- Regular review meetings with dedicated mentor
- Payment of professional subscription fees
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional modern offices with free parking
- Company funded social events
- Applications can be made from 2 October 2023 and should be made via www.mdysoncareers.co.uk
- The application deadline is 23 February 2024. We look for the best students so apply sooner rather than later as placements go quickly.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview as we shortlist with all placements made by end of March 2024.Should you wish to discuss the placements in further detail prior to applying please contact Emma Taylor who oversees our recruitment on 01484 666888.
To apply for this job please visit www.mdysoncareers.co.uk.