Website Chango & Co.
We’re looking for an architectural design assistant to join our growing team of designers. Chango & Co. is a full-service residential design studio. Our definition of full-service is providing our clients with a highly capable, exceptionally talented, and detail-obsessed team of experts to manage every aspect of a project, allowing our clients to focus on the creative and enjoyable elements of the process without being overwhelmed by it.
We are seeking a highly organized, self-starter who can effectively manage their time to assist on multiple projects simultaneously and keep overall project timelines on track. This candidate should be able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced and highly dynamic studio environment and have a strong desire to learn. This position is a very exciting opportunity to work with wonderful clients and a highly collaborative team. The expected pay range for this position is $18-28 per hour, depending upon experience.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design, or a related field
- Is highly proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino, and G Suite (Google Docs/Sheets/Slides).
- Possesses excellent communication skills, grammar, and vocabulary (both written and verbal).
- Possesses exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Is a self-starter, able to take the lead on tasks that are assigned to them by their project manager.
- Is excited about the opportunity to contribute to the design process of large-scale single-family homes.
- Holding a valid US driver’s license is a plus, as this position will require some travel nearby and outside of NYC for jobsite visits, shop visits, and project installations.
- Currently lives within commuting distance of office in Williamsburg, New York City.
- Is available to start around September 1st and work full-time, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM.
- Works with and reports directly to the architecture project managers.
- Assists in curating design schemes, FF&E packages, and drawing sets for entire homes.
- Takes part in client meetings and internal meetings with the project manager and creative director, documenting all notes and pictures taken during all meetings.
- Assists the interior design team with custom furniture drawings, lighting elevations, and art elevations.
- Waterfront office space with amazing views and amenities including club lounge, fitness center, rooftop cabana, bicycle storage and parking
- Dog-friendly office and bi-weekly office happy hours
- Summer Fridays in July and August
Chango & Co. is a full-service residential design studio. Our definition of full-service is providing our clients with a highly capable, exceptionally talented, and detail-obsessed team of experts to manage every aspect of a project, allowing our clients to focus on the creative and enjoyable elements of the process without being overwhelmed by it.
If this sounds like a great fit, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your resume, portfolio, and drawing sets to email@example.com for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org