Website The Workroom
We’re looking to hire a Design Assistant to join the The Workroom team! We need someone who is extremely detail-oriented with strong communication skills. In this position, you will be responsible for order processing, sourcing materials, managing shipments, and following orders from our vendors. This is a great learning opportunity to learn about the design process and what the latest finishes and furnishings are trending in the industry. The design assistant will manage multiple projects, and it is their responsibility to ensure the process runs smoothly. We have a very fast-paced environment and expect a very high level of work from our team. You will meet with clients, talk with vendors and contractors, and collaborate with other designers on the team.
- 1-2 years of interior design experience required.
- Source products and materials for design presentations; pull materials from SF Design Center.
- Manage client profiles and product selection in the IVY application.
- Manage and organize the fabric and wood sample library.
- Strong communication skills to consult directly with vendors and clients.
- Place and track orders and assist in product invoicing.
- Willingness to help with both the store operation and design business.
- The ability to work as a team.
- A great attitude and willingness to learn and take on any kind of project for the design and retail side of the business.
- Drafting in AutoCAD is a plus.
- Commitment- Full-time position – 40 hours a week commitment, paid at an hourly rate. Typical hours: 9:30-6pm.
- A car, a valid driver’s license, and a cell phone.
- Benefits offered.
To apply for this job please visit archinect.com.