At Woodhull, we believe in the importance of design to connect with human emotion; design enriches and inspires our lives. We are committed to delivering thoughtful work, exceptional craftsmanship, and personalized service. Our in-house team of 75 skilled architects, builders, and craftspeople collaborate to bring our clients’ visions to life. We strive to create enduring relationships with our clients, partners, and community to positively impact the built environment in Maine, and beyond. We set it as a top priority to be an exceptional workplace and pride ourselves on offering our employees a true work-life balance while hosting a positive, healthy, and creative work environment.
Our Residential Studio is looking to bring on an early to mid-career Architectural Designer or Architect with 3-8 years of architectural work experience and a strong interest in custom residential design. Our Residential Studio focuses on working with clients who value their home’s connection to the surrounding landscape, the use of natural building materials, and a rigorous approach to timeless design. We hope to bring on Studio team members who resonate with our values and design with energy, curiosity, and an inquisitive mind.
- 4 to 6-year Architectural degree from an accredited Architecture Program
- 3-8 years experience in the architecture field
- Architectural license or path to licensure preferred.
- Design + documentation skills
- A keen interest in Residential Architecture and wood-framed construction – experience is a plus
- Knowledge and aptitude at using Archicad BIM software (preferred) or other 3D modeling software
- Knowledge of Twin Motion is a plus
- Graphic skills in composing presentations and renderings – Adobe Suite skills preferred
- Experience with interiors would be a great asset
- Measure and document existing structures.
- Participate in regulatory review to verify local and state codes and regulations.
- Develop projects through each phase of design – in collaboration with Project Manager or Principal Architect(s).
- Document the design in each phase of assigned projects through drafting, modeling and compiling drawing sets.
- Be responsible for specific technical design aspects of assigned major projects, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meet the client’s needs.
- Coordinate drawing sets and work with your team members to meet project milestones.
- Contribute to design solutions and project presentations.
- Prepare project specifications, compiling and analyzing relevant information.
- At times, communicate with our construction division and other subcontractors to gain an understanding of budgets and schedules that best serve our clients’ needs – in collaboration with Project Manager.
- At times, coordinate with clients on project needs and find solutions to their design concerns in a professional and timely manner – in collaboration with Project Manager.
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year
- 9 paid holidays
- Competitive hourly pay
- Flexible work options (core business hours and WFH twice a week)
- Employer-sponsored health benefits and group dental/vision plans
- HSA, Medical FSA, and Dependent Care FSA options
- Employer-matched 401k retirement plan
- Profit-sharing opportunities
- Mileage and toll reimbursement for travel
- Daily collaboration with builders, architects, and millworkers
- Options to foster professional growth
- Work alongside an optimistic, creative, and collaborative team
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. A cover letter explaining your applicable experience and your interest in joining Woodhull is appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org