Are you looking for a dynamic role that involves the design and creation of innovative projects using a multitude of mixed media for the expansion of our new vision for project portfolio? Do you have a keen eye for cutting-edge design and thrive in a fast-paced environment combining BIM 3D visualization, graphic design, video editing, virtual reality, and social media, all within the prospect of trailblazing a new direction in an Architectural firm? If so, we have a very exciting opportunity for you to join our esteemed architectural firm as a Designer/Job Captain.
Douglas Pancake Architects, Inc. (DPA) is a boutique architectural firm in Irvine, CA, specializing in serving the senior housing and healthcare industry by creating supportive, meaningful, and healing environments for seniors – the frailest and most vulnerable members of our community. We work diligently to create innovative solutions to the ever-evolving needs in the senior housing industry. As the demands for senior housing increase, we aim to continue to grow as individuals and as a team to provide our clients with creative designs of the highest quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from Accredited University. Master’s degree is a plus.
- CA Licensed Architect preferred or actively seeking IDP and professional licensure.
- Strong conceptual and design skills, with the ability to translate ideas into compelling visual presentations.
- Completed 2-4 years of related experience working with computer design, architect design, and construction documents and in project design on projects of routine complexity.
- Proficiency in Architectural BIM software (Revit, ArchiCAD or similar) desired. We are using ArchiCAD and training will be provided.
- Experience with Rendering/Animation software such as Enscape, Twinmotion and/or Lumion.
- Experience with Graphic Design and/or Desktop Publishing software such as Adobe Photoshop and/or In-Design
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro or similar Video editing software desired but not required.
- General knowledge of building codes, regulations, and construction processes.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey complex ideas and concepts to diverse audiences.
- Highly motivated proactive mindset, with a keen attention to detail and commitment to delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to learn and perform tasks quickly and accurately from verbal and written instructions with self-direction and minimal supervision
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to clients, staff, and community; to dress suitable to the position.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Architects to develop concepts and translate them into Conceptual and/or Schematic design space planning and 3-dimensional BIM models.
- Produce 3D massing models, photorealistic renderings, and/or animations.
- Provide graphic design support with proposals and marketing materials using Photoshop, desktop publishing software, creation of videos, and other multi-media formats for social media or similar platforms.
- Assist in site investigation reports (site photos, site field conditions, etc.)
- Participate in client meetings to gather requirements, present design proposals, and incorporate feedback into project deliverables.
- Assist in the development of key portions of the design and construction documents, exercising discretion and judgment in interpreting design intent and building code interpretation.
- Monitor progress toward deliverable schedules. Keep the Project Manager apprised of project status and submit recommendations as projects progress or when necessary.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams including engineers, interior designers, landscape architects, and other consultants, to meet overall project objectives.
- Competitive Salary within Industry Standards
- Fully Paid Healthcare
- Generous Vacation and Sick time
- Hybrid and Flexible work schedule
- 401k Plan and matching
- Emphasis on Live-Work Balance
- Exponential opportunity for long-term growth
- Small firm, family-like environment
If you are ready to take on this challenging and rewarding role as a Project Manager at our boutique Architectural firm, please submit your resume, portfolio, and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate for this position. All documents should be in PDF format.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to: email@example.com with the subject line “Project Manager Application- [Your Name]”. We will review applications on a rolling basis and contact qualified candidates for further evaluation.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications, we do not accept phone calls, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for understanding.
At our architectural firm, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equality of opportunities for all individuals. We encourage applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org