Website Branch Technology
Branch Technology is seeking a digital design specialist to join its team in Chattanooga, USA.
The digital design specialist (DDS) will support the realisation of digitally manufactured architectural components and has a strong knowledge of architectural and construction processes with an emphasis on building enclosure systems. The position requires outstanding 3D thinking to provide practical solutions for complex construction challenges that leverage Branch’s core manufacturing capabilities. This team member works in the design group and collaborates closely with the sales and marketing team to secure new projects. The work involves creative ideation in early design phases to execute schematic design deliverables including high quality visualisations and graphic presentations. The DDS will also collaborate closely with the project delivery team to execute project deliverables.
Responsibilities include technical shop drawings and sophisticated digital models that enable manufacturing and installation, including through proficient use of 3D modelling software platforms for architectural use, with a primary focus on Rhino and Grasshopper. Revit will also be used for some deliverables. This individual collaborates with our internal teams as well as clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other third parties to meet overall project objectives. This person will assist in streamlining digital workflows to enable and optimise company goals. Most importantly, the ideal team player embodies our six core values of humble genius, other centred, relentless execution, designed beauty, intense collaboration and wise stewardship.
- Five-plus years of professional experience in design at a firm or fabrication shop
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in architecture, design or related field
- Advanced parametric 3D modelling proficiencies in Rhino, Grasshopper and Revit
- Advanced rendering proficiencies in software such as Enscape or Lumion
- Proficiencies in 3D modelling software, eg. CAD, Maya, 3ds Max, SketchUp
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to read, understand, and prepare construction documents, including technical details
- Demonstrably strong visual and verbal communication skills
- Ability to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Ability to independently research and problem-solve technical challenges
- Experience in a direct digital fabrication setting that includes 3D-printing, laser cutting, robotics, CNC milling and metal fabrication
- Working knowledge of common office programmes, eg. Google Workplace, MS Office
Pre-sale design assist services:
- Ideate schematic design solutions that leverage Branch’s core capabilities
- Produce and deliver rendered presentations that clearly communicate design concepts
- Enable clients to solve complex construction challenges with innovative and practical solutions with a keen understanding of Branch’s core capabilities
- Participate in meetings with qualified prospective clients and consultants to enable sales
Production design assist services
- Complete shop drawing submittals
- Review and coordinate shop drawing submittals with architectural drawings and/or subcontracted vendors shop drawings
- Produce digital shop tickets and drawings to support manufacturing and installation
- Coordinate design details directly with internal design, software and project management teams as well as outside contractors, vendors and consultants
To apply for this job please visit branchtechnology.bamboohr.com.