FSB is seeking a Project Manager with experience managing complex projects for the Federal Government, including the Department of Defense. The Federal Project Manager (PM) is responsible for compliance with federal contracts through client interactions, thought leadership, technical expertise, and management of all activities on assigned projects. The PM is the representative of the project in the office, acting as the primary advocate and point of contact for our federal clients. The PM is responsible for overall project performance including quality, budget, and schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or a related field.
- Licensed Architect or Licensed Engineer preferred.
- Professional Management Professional (PMP certification) preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in project management on a wide variety of Architectural/Engineering projects.
- Competent at addressing large groups of project stakeholders.
- Proficient in organization and time management.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting contracts, drawings, and specifications.
- Experience in multiple project delivery types, Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, Contract Manager at Risk, etc.
- Proven ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Proficient in project management process.
- Clear communicator.
- Adept in consuming work performance data, information, and reports to assess projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Project.
- Experience in Deltek Vantagepoint preferred.
- Knowledgeable of contract requirements and actively manages compliance with all terms of the contract.
- Routinely communicate with the Federal Market Sector Principal regarding project status.
- Implement strategic objectives established for projects within the federal market sector.
- Prepare and negotiate agreements, scopes of work, and fee proposals with outside consultants with Federal Market Sector Principal oversight.
- Organize and conduct all client meetings with invitations to the Federal Market Sector Principal, and all appropriate team members, consultants, etc.
- Develop the Project Strategic Plan with input from the Market Sector Principal.
- Execute the goals of the Project Strategic Plan.
- Develop the production budget and schedule in collaboration with the Federal Market Sector Principal
- Input and update the project budget and schedule into company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software communicating with the accounting team all project direct and indirect costs such that invoicing forecasts may be generated.
- Coordinate and oversee that the Project Execution Plan is executed by the Team Lead and team
- Responsible for project, budget and schedule performance, and quality requirements
- Understands project profitability, plans and executes projects to achieve profitability, and communicates to Federal Market Sector Principal, C-Suite, Discipline Directors, and Accounting staff on the current and future status of their projects.
- Oversee and provide input on project team member work plans to ensure that projects are staffed to support contract requirements and are delivered to meet quality, budget, and schedule.
- Collaborate with project Team Lead and Independent Technical Review (ITR) professionals concerning the project quality control plan and its implementation
- Coordinate with Discipline Directors, other PMs, and Federal Market Sector Principals regarding workloads and resource allocation
- Communicate with Discipline Directors on project status, manpower needs, and/or other issues needing resolution.
- Lead by example and model behavior to reinforce and exemplify the FSB Guiding Principles.
- Support FSB goals of high-quality deliverables to clients and delivering work on time and on budget in accordance with the contract.
- Proactive and responsive to client needs and to the development of long-term client relationships.
- Coach and teach staff members how to communicate, problem solve, and take appropriate initiative.
Marketing and Business Development
- Assist FSB in successfully securing new work by seeking out opportunities to improve marketing and business development-related skills.
- Assist Federal Market Sector Principal in preparing marketing proposal materials and participate in interviews as required.
- Prepare preliminary fee and schedule proposals in collaboration with the Federal Market Sector Principal.
- Negotiate the scope of work and fee with the client or support the Federal Market Sector Principal in this effort.
This position does not offer sponsorship for work visas or immigration.
At FSB Architects + Engineers, we believe that architecture is a collaborative endeavor that thrives on the collective wisdom of a diverse team. Whether you are a licensed Architect with years of experience or a Design Professional eager to embark on your architectural journey, we welcome you to contribute your unique talents to our projects.
Join our team and become part of a vibrant and inclusive community of architects, designers, and thinkers. Together, we’ll shape a better, more sustainable future through innovative architectural solutions.
Frankfurt-Short-Bruza Associates, P.C. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.