ZULUFISH are a happy, award-winning design studio working on high end residential projects, mostly in prime London areas.
We’re a Design & Build company, therefore you will have full exposure to all aspects of design and construction (as seen through the lens of the contractor).
This a great opportunity with amazing future prospects to grow with the Zulufish family.
We are looking to recruit a self-motivated senior architect to lead a team as Design Manager and join our team in Chiswick, West London.
- Part III UK registered architect (RIBA)
- Minimum of 15 years project lead working experience within UK (RIBA)
- Must have strong experience in medium to large scale high-end residential projects
- Be able to manage projects at all RIBA Stages
- A thorough understanding of the construction process from pre construction/tender/onsite processes and management
- Managed members of the architectural team
- Strong residential planning experience (ideally within conservation areas)
- Proven track record in delivering Architectural sales
- Excellent IT skills – AutoCAD, Excel, InDesign as a minimum
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Fluent in English, verbal and written, essential
- Manage the Architectural design team, being responsible for the department’s output and growth
- Have confidence and be knowledgeable in architectural design
- Comfortably discuss potential design suggestions during initial visits to properties
- Understand costs associated with layout changes
- Sales; Meeting new clients, creating fee proposals and winning all new design work.
- Chairing weekly design team meetings to ensure all projects are managed properly and efficiently by the design team
- Managing/ prioritising the design team workload via weekly resource meetings
- Chairing meetings with clients and consultants as and when necessary
- Assisting the project leads on construction details and review of all packages at all RIBA Stages
- Taking the design lead on all architectural projects, hosting design meetings and proposing ideas with associated planning risk and costs to clients.
- Providing guidance and advice to the design team who will report to you
- Integrating the design team with the interiors and project management team, reviewing and improving existing processes.
- Invoicing. You will be responsible for making sure all relevant project invoices are issued, tracked and settled.
- Carrying out drawing reviews and ensuring all appropriate comments/observations are added to the design. Pushing forward the continuous evolution of drawing information provided by the design team, with periodic reviews.
- Ensuring the design process takes account of current building regulations and minimises potential liability for future stages/delivery.
- Managing the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet internal and external requirements, including taking account of budgetary constraints.
- Identifying Design Risk and ensuring Design Risk Assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project and that risks are managed and mitigated
- Carrying out drawing reviews and ensuring all appropriate comments/observations are added to the design
- Liaising with site teams to ensure the delivery of the overall project construction/design requirements during the construction phase
- Must be polite and smartly dressed at all times
- Competitive Salary, depending on experience
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays, +1 added day per year up to 26 days
- Flexible working hours (8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm)
- Optional Work from home 1 day a week (either Thursdays or Fridays)
- Regular social events with the team
- Strong believers in a good work life balance
- Working in an open plan office with, and learning from our in-house team of Contractors, Project managers, Interior Designers and Quantity Surveyor
Please send your CV, a short portfolio of your recent work, and a brief letter explaining the reasons for your interest in joining us to email@example.com
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS ABOVE
No recruiters please!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org