Woodhull’s Residential Studio is eager to bring on an Interior Architect/Designer who will be an integral part of the design team. Woodhull’s goal is for interiors to inform a project’s architecture as much as the architecture informs the interiors. We are looking for a skilled interior architect/designer who has, at minimum, three years of professional technical design experience behind them. We are also happy to connect with formally trained architects who have a special interest in interiors.
Together with the architecture team, you will work philosophically and pragmatically toward a vision of how the project’s interior architecture relates to its surrounding landscape, proposed architecture, client needs, sustainable strategies, and a firm-wide goal of delivering the highest quality design. Our award-winning team delivers custom homes designed for clients building in Maine as well as across the country. In turn, we aim to provide a great employee experience for our team with exciting projects, a healthy work-life balance, and ample opportunities to collaborate with our in-house team of construction and millwork professionals.
- A degree from an accredited Architecture or Interior Design program.
- 3-5 years (or more!) of professional experience in the interior architecture/interior design field
- A profound and clearly defined interest in interior design and how it relates to the architectural conversation of the project.
- Clear and applicable residential interior design experience, with a portfolio to back it up.
- Knowledge + aptitude at using BIM software (Archicad or Revit preferred)
- Technical drawing and rendering skills at the level of a professional architectural designer or architect.
- An interest in our design ethos both in our residential and commercial divisions
- A curious mind that is always searching for new and exciting solutions
- A positive outlook and attitude.
- An appreciation of authenticity and integrity of enduring craftsmanship
- An ability to work from our Portland office
- Produce and present working drawings, presentations, and renderings that illustrate interior proposals to clients and other team members.
- Iterate a series of architectural interiors on each project that are building and site-specific to achieve a holistically designed building on the inside and out.
- Be involved in all phases of design from conceptual work through construction administration – working and contributing to the design team through the lens of interiors.
- Take a lead role in selecting interior materials, finishes, fixtures, furnishings, and lighting.
- Collaborate closely with the architecture and millwork team on design concepts for the project millwork.
- Liaison with external contractors including mechanical and structural consultants on matters of interior architecture.
- Work collaboratively with other designers and project managers in our company.
- Create systems and organizational structures for the storage of sample materials.
- At times, collaborate and coordinate with our in-house or external Construction Project Managers.
- 30 days of PTO per year (sick, vacation & personal time)
- 9 paid holidays including 1 flex holiday
- Competitive hourly pay for our area
- Flexible work options (core business hours and WFH twice a week)
- Employer-sponsored health benefits and group dental/vision plans
- HSA, Medical FSA, and Dependent Care FSA options
- Employer-matched 401k retirement plan
- Profit-sharing opportunities
- Mileage and toll reimbursement for travel during the workday
- Daily collaboration with builders, architects, and millworkers
- Options to foster professional growth
- Work alongside an optimistic, creative, and collaborative team
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter explaining your applicable experience and your interest in joining Woodhull is appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com