APPARATUS is a New York-based design studio that explores the relationship of lighting, furniture and objects in immersive environments, threading the historical and the cultural through a modern lens.
An Interior Designer works within the APPARATUS Interiors team across multiple categories of built environments, moving deftly between the ephemeral and long term. This includes interior project scopes of new galleries, exhibition and set design, maintenance of galleries, visual standards and facilities project support.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field.
- 5 + years of professional working experience in high-end interior design or set design; fabrication/shop experience is a plus.
- Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
- Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency, and excellence.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity and experience with a suite of Interior Design skills as FF&E sourcing and specifications, knowledge of upholstery and furniture fabrication techniques and drawings, introductory knowledge of building codes and fluent in design industry ergonomic standards.
- Strong aesthetic and presentation skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with accountability and follow-through.
- Understanding of all phases of design from concept development drawing documentation through installation and maintenance.
- Ability to work across multiple concurrent APPARATUS Interiors projects.
- Excellent time-management skills to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Critical thinking with the ability to foresee problems and vocalize solutions.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and be proactive in seeking support when required.
- The position is based in the APPARATUS New York studio and is not remote.
- Full-time studio hours: Monday-Friday, generally 10:00AM – 6:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed. Possible travel opportunities to support Installations.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is based in our New York Studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Please apply directly through our company site.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.