About The Role
The successful candidate will participate in the development of interior design solutions in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team through all project phases; programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
What You Will Do
- Participate and provide guidance in the planning effort to assure furniture layout is appropriate to the room proportions and functional assumptions
- Complete the specifications for all sections related to furniture, and update budgets as required
- Create furniture plans for assigned Project areas in a format compatible with the design team’s documents. Furniture symbols used shall approximate the size of proposed items to be used in the Project.
- Proactively respond to construction related questions pertaining to furniture coordination.
- Responsible for training the planning coordinator and staff on the use of furniture.
- Research and make recommendations regarding use of furniture products, materials, and systems
- Assist with the documentation of a preliminary project budget and the budget assumptions related to furniture.
- Ability to lead and communicate with internal project team members as well as Owner team members.
- Assist with the generation of a furniture project timeline and how that timeline meshes with the interior design timeline; update as required.
- Ability to create presentations for User Groups and Owners.
- Be available to travel for projects up to 50% of the work week if required.
About Your Qualifications
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelor in Interior Design or Interior Architecture (CIDA accredited), Bachelor of Architecture (NAAB accredited) or Masters degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience working on healthcare and/or higher education interiors projects required.
- Previous experience with healthcare and/or higher education projects is preferred.
- NCIDQ certification or licensed architect candidates are preferred.
- In addition to strong design skills, strong technical skills and knowledge of ADA, building and life safety codes is required.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as well as proven exceptional graphic and compositional skills.
- Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) are required while capabilities of modeling/rendering (3D Vis, Vray, etc.) are encouraged.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.