At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together, we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills, and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills, and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions, and processes to our work.
- Professional degree in Architecture and/or Interior Design.
- Licensed in state of practice or must be NCIDQ Certified; LEED accreditation preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience or equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- General understanding of sustainable strategies and principles including familiarity with LEED or other green building rating systems.
- Construction administration experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Familiarity with BIM and Revit Tools, and demonstrates a practical understanding of the application of digital tools such as Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, Navisworks, Ladybug, Enscape, VR, ADOBE Suite, etc.
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
- With a strong conceptual design ability, integrates interdisciplinary criteria to effectively move forward the design of distinct portions of large projects or entire projects of a small scale.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of Interiors and Architectural building materials and finishes, building systems, specifications, current and applicable building and fire codes, design and detailing standards and construction techniques, and current market cost(s) costing trends. Able to enrich design concepts through technical strategies and effectively use appropriate tools to research, design, and document at all project phases.
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of Interior Architecture and Architectural design, including (workplace, hospitality, and/or residential as applicable), design documentation, construction documentation, construction administration, Building Information Modeling (Revit), and materials selection and specifications,
- Manages time and workload of own work efforts and those of others to meet project task deadlines and commitments, with occasional interaction and direction from team leaders while guiding and teaching less experienced staff.
- Inspires and leads others by example, clearly defines team member expectations and responsibilities, empowers others, and delegates where appropriate based on team members’ recognized abilities and potential.
- In collaboration with team members, contributes to a clear and consistent work plan to achieve the project budget, deliverables, and schedule.
- Actively engages in internal professional development opportunities.
- Contributes to the implementation of sustainable strategies in all project assignments and the associated development of staff knowledge.
- Contributes to the development of standards and procedures.
- Protects SOM from financial and legal risk.
Health and Wellness: Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life & accident insurance
Savings: 401K matching, pre-tax spending accounts, and employee discount programs
Work/Life Balance: Hybrid/Flexible schedules, paid family leave, paid vacation, backup child and elder care, and an employee assistance program
Professional Development: Reimbursement for professional licenses, associated renewals, and exam fees as well as specialized in-house career development
Compensation for this role is based upon experience, qualifications, location, and education and typically ranges from $80,000 – $95,000.
Are you ready to join a team of creative professionals working on transformational projects around the world? Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to build a better future with SOM.
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.
To apply for this job please visit som.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.