Website Robert Young Architects
Robert Young Architects (RYA) is a dynamic team crafting exceptional, award-winning, internationally published architecture from our spacious, sunlit studio by the Highline in West Chelsea. As we embark on a period of exciting growth, we’re on the hunt for just the right individuals to join our team.
At RYA, we’re driven by two core, interdependent objectives:
1. Cultivating Personal and Collective Excellence: We’re dedicated to fostering an organization and culture that prioritizes personal and professional development of each individual as well as the organization.
2. Crafting Architecture that Enhances Lives: Our passion is focused on creating enduring architecture to foster experiences that serve and delight our clients while also enriching the community.
If you’d like to join us in our pursuit of these objectives, we invite you to apply for the position of Project Manager / Project Architect at RYA.
As an Intermediate Architect at RYA, you’ll have the opportunity to work on projects from inception to completion. Intermediate Architects are Project architects/Managers in training, so the qualities we are looking for are similar to what we look for in more senior roles, just with less experience.
We’re seeking someone who embodies these qualities:
- Passion for Extraordinary Architecture: You aspire to create architecture that enhances lives, and you are committed to delivering exceptionally high quality.
- Attention to Detail: You understand that the foundation of excellence is in the details.
- Collaborative Spirit: You thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Iterative Process: you enjoy iterating through as many “bad” ideas as it takes to get to the one that feels inevitable.
- Responsibility-Driven: You eagerly seek and excel in roles of responsibility.
- Adaptability: You can seamlessly switch between independent and collaborative work.
- High Standards: You set exacting standards for yourself and inspire them in others.
- Curiosity and Humility: You approach challenges with an inquisitive yet humble mindset.
- Construction Proficiency: You have a passion for how buildings are constructed, ideally with hands-on Construction experience at some point in your career in addition to Construction Administration.
- Mentorship: You enjoy guiding and mentoring junior staff.
- Effective Communication: You communicate clearly and actionably.
- Client-Friendly: You are comfortable in client-facing roles.
- Authority and Humility: You can confidently interact with contractors and subcontractors, combining authority and humility.
- 5+ years of post-graduate professional experience, with recent involvement in small to medium-sized firms specializing in private residential projects.
- Professional degree in Architecture from a US-accredited school.
- Licensure in architecture is a plus, and be on track for licensure.
- Responsibility for Architectural Drawings. Extensive experience drafting and organizing clear and concise sets of architectural drawings and SKs. Love problem-solving and good details.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite, and Google Workspace. Asana and Monographs a plus.
- US work visa and fluent English.
You will become an integral part of our team, and your role will align with your level of experience. Compensation will be commensurate with your skills and background. RYA offers an extensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
How to Apply:
- Please respond only if you meet the above qualifications.
- Send an email to email@example.com with “Intermediate Architect (your name)” in the subject line and a short cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the position.
- Attach your cover letter, CV, and portfolio in a single PDF. Please ensure that the total size of attachments does not exceed 10MB or provide a link to a download, shared folder, or website.
- No phone calls or emails other than to firstname.lastname@example.org, please. We appreciate everyone’s interest, but we may not be able to respond to every application.
- Applications that do not meet the above qualifications or follow the above guidelines will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com