Urban Architectural Initiatives, a leader in affordable and special needs housing design, is seeking an Intermediate Architect. Our firm is a great place to grow professionally within an upbeat, supportive team environment. Currently we offer the option to work remotely after an initial training period in office; this will shift to work in office with options for remote days eventually.
- Three to five years work experience required, preferably in a NYC architectural office setting
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work individually and with junior staff
- Revit proficiency required. Please do not apply if no Revit experience
- AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite proficiency required.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch.) or Master of Architecture (M. Arch.) degree or equivalent.
- Must have a working knowledge of construction detailing, materials and methods, building systems, NYC zoning resolution, and building code requirements
- Start immediately
UAI participates in the E-Verify system and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.
- Develop architectural drawings and documents, including design and zoning feasibility studies, existing conditions documentation, and construction drawings.
- Coordinate project work with colleagues and consultants, make field visits, prepare specifications, and assist in construction administration and client presentations.
- Aetna health insurance (6 plans) – The company covers partial premium, depending on plan chosen, after two months of employment
- TalkSpace, a free online therapy membership, included with Aetna insurance plans
- Dental insurance (3 plans ) – UAI partial payment
- Paid vacation, sick & personal time
- One free medical membership + additional health advice and benefits programs
Optional benefits, employee-paid:
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Discounted Class Pass membership
- Connect-Your-Care transit discount program
We are located in the historic Woolworth Building in lower Manhattan, convenient to all subway lines, PATH trains, and buses.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio, work samples, and salary requirements. Must reside in the New York metropolitan area.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com