Website Heitler Houstoun Architects
Heitler Houstoun Architects, a growing…and award-winning Manhattan-based architecture and interior design firm with a diverse portfolio of Residential, Retail, Hospitality, and Workplace projects, is seeking talented and motivated Intermediate architects/Job Captains with 2-6 years of professional experience (5-year B. Arch or M. Arch), licensed or unlicensed. The candidate should be local to the New York City area (or be able to move in a relatively short amount of time) and must have legal work status in the U.S. (No H1B visa’s please). Compensation commensurate with experience and will fall within the salary range for a professional with 2-6 years of post-graduate experience.
Candidates should demonstrate expertise in the following technical skills:
- Construction drawing set management, consistency in office and drafting standards, and ability to convert Design Intent into Construction Documents.
- A high level of quality control in individual drafting and detailing work, as well as general execution of the project.
- Coordination of sub-consultant’s scope of work and drawings.
- Understanding of basic building code provisions.
- Production: AutoCAD, Google Sketch-up, V-Ray (Revit experience a plus).
- Presentation and Communication: Powerpoint, In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Hand drawing, sketching, and color rendering abilities to express creative ideas or technical details.
- Small team (2-3 team members) internal project management experience.
Candidates would have exposure to any of the following project types :
- Retail Urban / Store Front Build Outs – Garments, Beauty, Salon, Fitness, Wellness
- New Construction – Multi-family Residential – Steel Framed Building Detailing,
- New Construction – Single-family Residential – Wood Frame Construction, Detailing, Permit Approval Process
- Interior Renovation – Residential – Apartments/Brownstones – Light Gauge Steel Stud Detailing
- Interior Renovation – Commercial – Office, Academic Space
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following personal skills:
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a highly creative and disciplined environment through strong communication, organizational, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to manage internal and external deadlines through personal time management and work both independently and collaboratively with a dynamic team in a fast-paced and rigorous environment.
- Define and solve complex problems and complete tasks accurately with a strong attention to detail.
- Show a high level of interest in client service and satisfaction.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and able to execute projects with little supervision
- Opportunities to work on a diverse set of project types and clients.
- Opportunities to service all phases of Architecture (design, drafting, bidding, approvals, and construction administration.
- Internal/external continuing education and mentoring opportunities.
- Community, social, educational, and team-building events.
- Industry-leading benefits package.
- Hybrid work opportunities.
- Summer hours.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and at least five (5) work samples (5 MB maximum) of the candidate’s academic and professional technical and design experience (with a strong emphasis on construction document organization and preparation and sub-consultant coordination) in a bound PDF (no multiple files, please).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Intermediate Architect” (only) in the Subject heading.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com