Website Nicholas Stanos Architect, PLLC
Nicholas Stanos Architect, PLLC (NSA) is a full-service architectural firm focused on providing highly refined design and specialized client service for luxury residential projects in New York City and along the East Coast. View projects here.
The firm is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Intermediate Architectural Designer with 5-7 years of experience in private luxury residential design and project management. The Architectural Designer will play a crucial role in the planning, design, and execution of luxury residential projects and will work under the guidance of the Principal and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver superior client service and creative architectural solutions.
The applicant should be highly organized, skilled in project management and team communication. The ideal candidate demonstrates technical proficiency in building systems and construction detailing and excels in collaborating with builders and teams of consultants and vendors. We seek energetic, self-motivated and focused team members who are eager to contribute these talents to the growth of the firm.
Candidates should hold a degree in Architecture, exhibit a genuine interest in and demonstrated experience in residential design, and be able to show examples of excellent graphic representation.
The position offers many opportunities to contribute meaningfully to the work of the office. Current projects include apartment renovations in New York, a residence on Cape Cod and a townhouse in Boston.
The Intermediate Architectural Designer would work full-time from NSA’s NY studio with the flexibility to travel to the firm’s projects and to work periodically from NSA’s satellite office on Cape Cod.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university
- 5-7 years of work experience with full-scope residential projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/MicroStation and Adobe Creative Suite and Rhino
- Design Development: Contribute to the development of architectural concepts, sketches, and detailed plans for projects.
- Project Coordination: Collaborate with project managers, engineers, contractors and vendors.
- Documentation: Prepare and review architectural drawings, construction documents, and specifications.
- Site Analysis: Conduct site visits and assessments to gather relevant data, assess site conditions, and provide input on design decisions.
- Client Interaction: Participate in client meetings, presentations, and discussions.
- Budget and Schedule Management: Collaborate with project managers to monitor project budgets, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Team Collaboration: Foster a collaborative work environment by working closely with colleagues, sharing ideas, and providing mentorship to junior staff.
- Salary commensurate with experience and ability.
- Health insurance and PTO.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject Intermediate Architectural Designer Application.
Please include cover letter, resume and works samples in PDF format.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com