Michael Dyson Associates Ltd, is an established, successful, and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the social housing sector. Established in 1980, we have four decades of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Based at our modern Head Office in Huddersfield and offering hybrid working, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our Architectural Design Team made up of Architects, Technologists, and Technicians of varying experience from university graduates to more seasoned & fully qualified professionals. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic Design Team that work on multiple projects at any one time. The projects vary in size and scale and range from large-scale new-build residential developments to complex recladding schemes of high-rise tower blocks.
- Proficient user AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Proficient in Revit preferable but not essential
- Proven experience in a Design Office
- Construction technical knowledge
- Experience in Building and Planning regulations/procedures
- Ability to work effectively in the office and from home where required.
- Good interpersonal, communication and written articulation skills
- A team player with the determination to drive projects forward
- Producing technical design drawings for RIBA Work Stage 3 to 6 on both new build and refurbishment residential schemes, including high profile high-rise and large new build schemes
- Production of Revit models for use from concept design to construction issue information
- Running numerous jobs simultaneously, producing working drawings/specifications, and checking/amending similar work drafted by others
- Production of planning, building control, and construction issue drawings
- Attending and chairing client design meetings
- Attending site and liaising with contractors, providing technical advice when required
- Be part of a modern, growing, forward-thinking consultancy
- Up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 9-day fortnight rota option for flexible work/life balance opportunities
- Bonus schemes
- 3-5% Contributory pension scheme & four times salary life assurance
- Regular performance and salary reviews to ensure our people progress in their careers
- Payment of Professional Institute training/examination fees/ subscription fees
- Excellent fully funded training programme with regular in-house CPD events to support career development
- Fun social & team building events organized & paid for by the company
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Apply via our website to upload a CV & cover letter along with details of your current and anticipated remuneration package. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.mdysoncareers.co.uk.