DesignAgency is one of the most distinguished design studios in Canada, and our services are widely sought after, with clients in more than 26 cities and 9 countries worldwide. Our global success is based on our high level of design excellence and our ability to create special environments through narratives developed with the client. Working for leading companies, developers and hospitality groups, our clients work directly with one or more of our partners, reflecting our belief that great design requires leadership, focus and commitment.
DesignAgency depends on Intermediate Designers to carry out projects under the supervision of Senior Designers. The company relies on Intermediate Designers to collaborate with their colleagues to design, execute and deliver great projects and develop excellent client relationships. They are expected to consult with Senior Designers and Principals on any design, technical, production, scope or client issues of which they become aware. Intermediate Designers are required to manage their project time, and meet the firm’s targets for time expenditure and billing for themselves and their project teams.
- Interior Design Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience
- Hotel and Food & Beverage interior design experience is preferred
- Previous professional experience using AutoCAD and SketchUp or Revit
- Experience using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign is beneficial
- An understanding of the local Ontario building codes
- Multi-unit residential experience is preferred
- Achievement of professional credentials such as NCIDQ, MAATO, ARIDO, BCIN and LEED will be taken into account in promotion and compensation decisions, and preparatory studies or test costs may be eligible for firm support.
- Strive for design impact through innovative, thoughtful and functional design.
- Participate in the development of approaches, concepts and designs that exceed client expectations
- Produce or direct the creation of renderings and presentations that attract and inspire clients and team members.
- Conceive and design elements of moderate complexity or smaller projects, from design development to closeout.
- Conceive, design and execute projects of moderate complexity from proposal through concept, construction and closeout.
- Work to master the development, continuity and detailing of design concepts.
- Develop a strong mastery of appropriate construction techniques
- Develop high-quality drawing and documentation sets that are clear, comprehensive and consistent
- Strive to reduce rework, errors and omissions
- Contribute to the design dialogue in the firm
- Lead, motivate and develop design teams that consistently deliver great design, technical quality and client service.
- Contribute to the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality or client service
- Create sound relationships with clients, contractors and suppliers to promote repeat business
- Demonstrate excellent personal time management
- Use Ajera software to manage personal time logs
We offer an extremely competitive base salary and the opportunity for growth within the company. If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, please send your resume immediately, or if you know the perfect person for this position then feel free to forward this correspondence. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
A portfolio is required as part of your application.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.