At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills, and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills, and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions, and processes to our work.
- Completion of a professional degree in Architecture or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience or equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Professional licensure process is in progress; LEED accreditation preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, parametric and rendering software, and Adobe Suite.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace.
- Contributes to the development of distinct portions of a project with regular supervision by Project Leadership. Exhibits initiative, process innovation, problem solving, and decision quality with a high attention to precision and accuracy at a task-specific level.
- Produces and coordinates presentation and contract deliverables such as diagrams, 3D models, drawings, renderings, physical models and animations.
- Effectively communicates internally through timely and appropriate written, oral, and visual means.
- Creates and innovates with a strong conceptual design ability. Integrates interdisciplinary criteria to effectively move forward the design of a portion of a project.
- Actively collaborates at a project team level by critically and constructively evaluating ideas.
- Demonstrates an intermediate understanding of building materials, systems, specifications, codes, details and construction techniques. Is able to enrich design concepts through technical strategies. Effectively uses appropriate tools to design and document at all project phases.
- Manages time and workload to meet project task deadlines and commitments with regular interaction and direction from Project Leadership. Shares knowledge with less experienced staff.
Health and Wellness: Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life & accident insurance
Savings: 401K matching, pre-tax spending accounts, and employee discount programs
Work/Life Balance: Hybrid/Flexible schedules, paid family leave, paid vacation, backup child and elder care, and an employee assistance program
Professional Development: Reimbursement for professional licenses, associated renewals, and exam fees as well as specialized in-house career development
Compensation for this role is based upon experience, qualifications, location, and education and typically ranges from $70,000 – $80,000.
Are you ready to join a team of creative professionals working on transformational projects around the world? Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to build a better future with SOM.
To apply for this job please visit som.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.