Website Tom Wiscombe Architecture (TWA)
Tom Wiscombe Architecture (TWA) is an internationally recognized architecture practice known for its powerful massing, alluring graphic qualities, and tectonic inventiveness. We specialize in civic, entertainment, cultural, and residential design, and we are known for our radical integration of ecological thinking and technology in our work.
Located in the American Cement Building at the edge of downtown Los Angeles, our office is a unique indoor-outdoor workplace with an engaging, creative, and intellectual environment.
TWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants for employment are recruited, hired, and assigned based on merit without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other non-merit factor.
We are seeking several Intermediate Designers/Job Captains with 2-5 years post-graduation professional experience, preferably in a design- and innovation-driven office, to work on several iconic cultural buildings with international clients as well as a variety of other complex, form-driven projects. Successful candidates will collaborate directly with the Principal and an energetic design team on some of the world’s most audacious and intriguing projects.
We highly value creativity, a commitment to professional growth, and the ability to work well with others.
- Interest in contributing to the specific work and mission of this office
- Excellent eye for composition and strong graphic skills
- Expert Rhino skills (scripting not required)
- Good REVIT skills and experience producing SD, DD, and CD sets
- Awareness of building systems, architectural scale, code requirements, and program adjacency considerations
- Excellent Photoshop/ InDesign layout skills
- Competition experience and/or experience in a design-and innovation-driven firm
- Pre-existing authorization to work in the USA
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off, paid sick leave, and an employee retirement savings plan with employer matching.
Please send your CV, project portfolio (15MB max .pdf file), and a cover letter (indicating availability) to email@example.com. In order to be considered for the position, you must live locally or have plans to relocate, and you must be authorized to work in the USA. No phone calls please; email only.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org