DesignAgency is one of the most distinguished design studios in Canada, and our services are widely sought after, with clients in more than 26 cities and 9 countries worldwide. Our global success is based on our high level of design excellence and our ability to create special environments through narratives developed with the client. Working for leading companies, developers and hospitality groups, our clients work directly with one or more of our partners, reflecting our belief that great design requires leadership, focus and commitment. Our success is based on the excellence of our people, our diversity of experiences and our honest and open culture.
DesignAgency is looking for an Intermediate Technologist with three years of experience using Revit in a professional environment. DesignAgency relies on Intermediate Technologists to produce top-quality design, tender and construction drawings and documentation, ensure code and regulatory compliance, and participate in quality control processes. Intermediate Technologists may be required to act as job captains for small projects and project components. The firm expects Intermediate Technologists to develop expertise in technical and design drawing, building codes and standards, construction practices and standards, detailing and materials, and sound environmental practices. They are expected to consult with more senior designers and technologists when they encounter technical challenges or issues with clients, suppliers, contractors or site conditions. They will be recognized for their ability to contribute to effective design teams.
- An Architectural Technologist Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of working experience as a technologist
- An understanding of the Ontario Building Codes
- An intermediate level of proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit. Advanced level preferred
- Hospitality design experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of sketch-up to translate sketch-up models into working drawings in AutoCAD and Revit
- Achievement of professional credentials such as MAATO, ARIDO, BCIN and LEED will be taken into account in promotion and compensation decisions, and preparatory studies or test costs may be eligible for firm support.
- Produce high-quality drawing and documentation sets that reduce rework, errors and omissions
- Master, apply and comply with relevant codes, regulations and standards
- Maintain consistent and high-quality minutes, reports, orders and records
- Maintain high-quality documentation practices
- Learn to solve technical, materials and construction problems elegantly and effectively
- Develop familiarity with site conditions and construction practices
- Develop skills in site supervision and site problem-solving
- Actively contribute to the design dialogue in the firm
- Safeguard the interests of clients and the firm in interactions with consultants, suppliers and contractors.
- Contribute to the development of standards, specifications and details that promote design quality, buildability and durability of projects
- Contribute to the development of quality assurance processes for the firm
- Promote awareness of changes in codes and regulations
- Promote awareness of excellent materials, techniques, suppliers and contractors
- Create sound relationships with colleagues, contractors and suppliers
- Demonstrate excellent personal time management
We offer an extremely competitive base salary and the opportunity for growth within the company. If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, please send your resume immediately, or if you know the perfect person for this position, then feel free to forward this correspondence. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
A portfolio or work samples must be included in your application.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.