We’re not your average design collaborative, so we’re not looking for your average Job Captain either. We define ourselves as collaborative because this is the trait that lies at the heart of how we work… Collaboratively.
We are thinkers and doers.
We are visionary and grounded.
We are design-focused and results-oriented.
We don’t believe design happens in a vacuum, nor do we believe in big reveals.
We believe the best solutions are co-authored, and that design is an iterative process.
We like dialogue and debate, and we believe everyone has a voice because there are never any bad ideas.
We put the customers (animals and robots included) at the heart of everything we create, which means:
- every design is created from a place of relentless curiosity
- we dive deep to inhabit the personas of our end users
- we pressure test our concepts against one metric above all others: have we exceeded the expectations of those who experience the spaces we create?
We’re also champions for diversity as a design collaborative, drawing from all experience levels and cultural backgrounds within our team of “Bergies” – intentionally staffing project teams inclusively to represent the diverse perspectives of the world around us.
We tend to do our best work with those who feel the same way… Are you that somebody?
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic team member based in either Los Angeles or Boston who exudes positivity, approaches work with a collaborative style, and a candidate with a special passion for work in retail, restaurant, or industrial workplace projects for our national clients.
- Professional Degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture
- On track for licensure preferred
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 1 year of recent design office experience
- Ability to graphically communicate an idea quickly and effectively, backed by strong technical capabilities regarding building construction and technologies, millwork detailing, and consultant coordination
- Participation in the full design process from conceptual design through Construction Administration as a member of the project team
- Experience with fast-paced, technical projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to conduct site surveys and full code and accessibility reviews with a Project Manager
- Prepare design development and construction document packages with project team, consultants, contractors, and vendors
So now it’s your turn to show us what you can make with us.
You be the judge – do you want to experience an inclusive, equitable, pathbreaking, progressive workplace? Ready to om this way with our retail project team?
Travel is required
No agencies and no phone calls, please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bergmeyer.com.