RDC is an award-winning architectural firm with a diverse portfolio of work. We are currently seeking a Job Captain to join our Store Planning Team. The ideal candidate will have experience working on retail and commercial projects across the US. The position requires knowledge of commercial store design, good communication skills, and an ability to thrive in a team environment. An ideal candidate will be passionate, energetic, fast, and industrious.
The Job Captain is competent in all conventional aspects of architectural practice with an emphasis on the technical implementation of the project design. Performs work requiring independent judgment and critical thinking. Adapts standards and criteria to project requirements and possesses a diverse working knowledge of related disciplines. The Job Captain is responsible for coordinating and producing Contract Documents with support and direction from the Project Manager and other senior staff.
- A degree in architecture is preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience in architectural practice with a focus on construction documentation preferred.
- Grocery or retail typology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of architectural detailing and current construction standards.
- Proficiency in CAD/REVIT and other business software and their application to Contract Documents.
- Knowledge of codes. Able to successfully complete the permitting process with minimal aid and supervision.
- Basic knowledge of construction contract administration processes.
- Effective English communication skills, conversational and written, for ongoing project collaboration and documentation.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.