Website David Hotson Architect
The office of David Hotson_Architect is an award-winning architectural firm located in Lower Manhattan.
Recently completed projects include the Saint Sarkis Armenian Church, which was selected as the 2022 US Building of the Year on world-architects and was as the described by celebrated architectural critic Mark Lamster of The Dallas Morning News, as “…..the most aesthetically remarkable and emotionally moving work of architecture produced in North Texas in a generation.”
Active projects include the residential penthouse located in the raw six-story structural shell of the summit of the Landmarked Woolworth Building in Lower Manhattan.
The office is developing a set of distinct competencies around the visualization, modeling, detailing, and fabrication of figural volumes of architectural space and the manipulation of architectural space to respond to the moving point of view.
The office is seeking one or more architectural designers with strong 3D visualization skills in Rhino and Revit. Opportunities are available to participate in design development, construction detailing, engineering coordination and the transition from visualization into construction, including construction document production, project management, and on-site construction administration.
Applicants at a range of experience levels, from recent graduates to those with up to ten years of office experience, will be considered. The primary requirement is a demonstrated facility with the manipulation and visualization of architectural space and a working knowledge of interior construction.
- Exceptional three-dimensional imagination and ability to visualize spatial relationships in Rhino and Revit.
- Strong facility with spatial problem-solving through computer modeling and visualization in Rhino.
- Demonstrated interest in spatial volume as a primary design medium of architectural design.
- Aptitude and ambition to become proficient in the preparation of rigorously detailed construction documents in Auto CAD and Revit.
- The initiative, resourcefulness, efficiency, flexibility, attentiveness, and reliability.
- Demonstrated experience in construction detailing and construction document preparation is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency with 3D printing is a plus.
- Expertise in AutoCAD and Rhino is a requirement. Expertise in Revit is a plus
- Polished rendering skills are a plus.
- Willingness to perform administrative, organizational, communication and presentation roles as needed.
Applicants must hold a valid permit for work in the United States.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and samples of relevant design and visualization work in .pdf format -10MB or less please- by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write your name and ‘JUNIOR ARCHITECT’ in the subject line. No telephone calls, please. Please note that we may not be able to reply to all applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com