Urban Architectural Initiatives, a leader in affordable and special needs housing design, is seeking an Intermediate Architect. Our firm is a great place to grow professionally within an upbeat, supportive team environment. Currently we offer the option to work remotely after an initial training period in office; this will shift to work in office with options for remote days eventually.
- Working knowledge of construction detailing, materials, and methods, as well as building code requirements, is preferred.
- Minimum of one to two (1-2) years’ work experience required, preferably in a NYC architectural office setting
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work individually and with other staff members
- Revit proficiency is required. Please do not apply if you have no Revit experience
- MS Office Suite proficiency is required. Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch.) or Master of Architecture (M. Arch.) degree or equivalent.
- UAI participates in the E-Verify system and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.
- Start immediately
- Currently, we work in office with options for remote days.
- Develop architectural drawings and documents, including design and zoning feasibility studies, existing conditions documentation and construction drawings
- Help coordinate project work with colleagues and consultants, make field visits, and assist in construction administration and client presentations.
- Aetna health insurance (6 plans) – The company covers partial premium, depending on plan chosen, after two months of employment
- TalkSpace, a free online therapy membership, included with Aetna insurance plans
- Dental insurance (3 plans ) – UAI partial payment
- Paid vacation, sick & personal time
- One free medical membership + additional health advice and benefits programs
Optional benefits, employee-paid:
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Discounted Class Pass membership
- Connect-Your-Care transit discount program
We are located in the historic Woolworth Building in lower Manhattan, convenient to all subway lines, PATH trains, and buses.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio, work samples, and salary requirements. Must reside in the New York metropolitan area. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org