Website Bowerbird Architects
Bowerbird Architects is a fast-growing, Brooklyn based, high-end custom residential, housing, and small retail firm. You will participate in all phases of the project from schematic design, through construction documents and construction administration. Unlike most, our office is very collaborative and non-hierarchical, and your creativity and input will be greatly relied upon and valued, and you will learn a lot about detailing and construction. You will make numerous contributions in design, so your aesthetic should be sympathetic with what you see on our website.
You will be expected to work on many forms of residential architecture, offices, and retail, from renovations to additions, and new, ground-up buildings. You will meet directly with clients, and eventually be in charge of running projects from start to finish yourself, so you should have excellent abilities to articulate ideas and organize complex projects.
We are looking to hire immediately, so submit your materials quickly if you’d like to be considered.
- BArch or MArch required, and 1-3 years minimum office experience.
- Revit drafting experience a must. AutoCAD proficiency preferred.
- Adobe Graphic Design skills (proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In Design and Adobe Illustrator)
- 3D Rendering and modeling (Enscape, Rhino, Sketchup, Vray for Sketchup) helpful.
- Ability to learn and work quickly, but carefully, look things up, and use all resources available to solve problems.
- Willingness to learn and take direction from supervisor, but also able to take initiative.
- Experience on NYC projects, preferably residential, in all phases from NYC DoB Code and Zoning research, schematic design, DOB/Landmarks filing, through construction administration, will be looked on very favorably, but not required.
- Experience with technical detailing helpful, but not required.
- Experience with FF+E, and organizing product specs is a plus.
- Building study models in creative and explanatory ways.
- Candidates must be currently located in the New York City area and have valid work status in the US. Proximity of residence to Gowanus, Brooklyn a plus, as is owning a bike, scooter, or using Citibike to get to site visits.
Health, Dental & Eye insurance, Worker’s Comp, Flex Fridays, Paid Vacation and Holidays. Chic studio in former factory loft, with common roof deck and kitchen.
Please reply with the following:
- Cover letter in the body of your email – If you have not looked at our work and stated why you think you would fit well with our design philosophy your chances of being contacted will diminish.
- Attached resume in PDF format – or your website – all images must be legible
- Portfolio and work samples, including samples of renderings and construction documents (limit 10MB) – or your website
- Salary requirements
- Two references that you have worked directly with in the last 3 years – This can be a professor or a place your interned. We can discuss if you are contacted after your application has been received
- Current work authorization required, if not a US or Canadian citizen, or here on an O-1 Visa.
Replies that do not meet the requirements above will not be reviewed. Please communicate via email only. Phone calls and walk-ins are not accepted. We are sorry that we are not able to respond to every applicant so please no follow-up calls.
We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by email only. Having your own website with your CV, Portfolio, and Work Samples is preferred, but sending PDFs is fine as well. Email to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org