Website Montalba Architects, Inc.
MONTALBA ARCHITECTS, INC., is a design-focused and high-service architectural practice based in Santa Monica, California, with a satellite office in Lausanne, Switzerland. We work with a wide range of local and international clients, and our body of work consists of private residences, hospitality, commercial, and high-end retail projects.
Our LA office is located within the Bergamot Station Art campus in Santa Monica; amongst art galleries and the Metro Expo line station. We have a studio-like atmosphere where individuals can focus and inspire each other. We invite people who have high expectations for their own work, are good problem solvers, and enjoy a collaborative work environment to apply.
We are seeking a Junior FF&E and Interior Designer who is passionate and experienced in high-end hospitality and residential projects to join our team.
- Completion of BArch, MArch, or an Interior Design degree
- 1-3 years of experience in an Architectural or Interior Design office
- Strong verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Ability to communicate design ideas verbally and visually
- Organized, precise, and attentive to detail
- Motivated and enjoys a collaborative team environment
- Flexible and well-rounded to accommodate project requirements and deadlines
- Proactive about elevating your knowledge and skills
- Experience in high-end hospitality and residential projects a plus
- Familiar with FF&E specification writing and procurement (experience in Spexx and Exxpedite is a plus)
- Strong graphic design and presentation skills
- Experience in high-end furniture, rugs, lighting, art & accessory sourcing, including custom furniture, millwork, and lighting design and coordination
- Preparation of contract documents, including drafting, tagging, and 3D modeling of FF&E and interior design
- Knowledge of high-end furniture, rugs, and accessory sourcing
- Purchasing Agent coordination, including purchase order review and approval
- Experience in custom furniture, rug, and lighting design
- Visits to fabricators and furniture manufacturers to review mockups
- Submittal and shop drawing review, material strike-offs, and CFAs
- Experience in FF&E installation and delivery coordination a plus
- Experience in photoshoot staging is a plus
- Able to manage lead times, project schedules, and FF&E budgets
- Able to work independently and coordinate with Clients as needed
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing and new vendors
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suites (Revit and Enscape is a plus)
This is a full-time, salaried position. We provide a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We support growth within the office and encourage professional development.
No Phone Calls Please. Please apply by emailing us at email@example.com and add ‘FF&E and Interior Designer‘ in the subject. Limit file size to 10 MB max, please. Montalba Architects, Inc. will review all submitted work and contact select candidates for an interview. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that we are not able to respond to all applicants. Thank you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org