Website Atelier Gulla Jonsdottir
Atelier Gulla Jonsdottir is looking for a professional, organized and self-motivated Jr. Designer who has 1-2 years minimum of residential or commercial design experience and who can thrive in an intimate but very fast-growing firm. Candidate must be good at multi-tasking, organized, energetic, eager to learn, cheerful, and also be comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The Junior Designer will contribute to the success of the firm by assisting with all aspects of design development, sourcing, meeting preparation, technical drawings, maintaining organized binders and sample library. Candidate should be able to work within existing systems and help create new systems for continued success. Must be adaptable and able to successfully function with lots of balls in the air!
- Degree in interior design, internship, design school or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of residential and or commercial design experience
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, rendering skills is a plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD – ability to develop floor plans and elevations
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook- must be prompt and utilize strong communication skills when responding to emails
- Experience in 3D programming (Rhino preferred)
- Experience selecting and specifying lighting, furnishings, hardware, floor/window coverings, millwork / caseloads drawings, materials and finishes.
- Experience with quotes, proposals, budgets and purchase orders
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and is eager to learn and grow with the firm
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance with a reliable vehicle
- Have a positive, friendly, professional attitude and a good sense of humor
- Independently create full design concepts for projects based on the Principal’s design vision.
- General research and all sourcing
- Prepare for client presentations by creating mood boards, floor plans, drawings and elevations.
- Follow up with vendors on lead times and quotes
- Organize and manage sample library
- Research new products and materials
Please email a cover letter, resume and link to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and be prepared to submit references upon request.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com