Website DXA Studio
DXA studio is an award-winning design practice that provides a rare balance of expertly crafted design with technical proficiency. Believing in the power of architecture to positively influence the lives of all that engage it, DXA focuses on authenticity, sustainability, and innovation in all its projects.
Candidates for this position should have the following qualifications:
- Less than 3 (three) years of interior design experience, preferably in high-end and/or multi-family residential, hospitality, or commercial projects
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Working knowledge of the full design process, including but not limited to Concept, Schematic, Design Development, Construction Documentation and Administration, Procurement, etc.
- Familiar with interior design specifications, calculations, and industry standards
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe CS (including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Rhino, Sketchup, and Revit
- Possesses a strong knowledge of interior detailing and furniture fabrication methodologies
- Strong conceptual, design, and presentation skills
- Experience in construction document preparation
- Self-motivated, proactive, and energetic team member with the ability to meet project timelines and actively add to the design conversation.
- Excellent organization and teamwork skills, with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Partner closely with the interior design team and work under the direction of mid – to – senior-level designers.
- Provide creative support on projects, including research, material sourcing and specification, furniture sourcing, and presentation development (graphic, visual, and technical)
- Manage design department document filing, binder upkeep, and library
- Maintains resource materials. Is learning computer-aided drawing, presentation tools, and basic office software
- Researches and selects colors/ finishes/materials
- Supports business development activities through assistance with aids such as finish boards or PowerPoint presentations
- Performs site survey and documentation
Conducts routine checking and/ or verification tasks and performs other duties as assigned
Please email us a PDF of your résumé and portfolio for consideration to email@example.com. Include the job title/position you are applying for and visa status if applicable. We will contact you upon review. Please, no phone calls.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org