Website Fogarty Finger
Fogarty Finger, an award-winning architecture firm seeks a Junior Interior Designer – FF&E to support the hospitality and corporate office interiors team with a focus on FF&E.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, entrepreneurial-spirited, and well-rounded designer to join our team. The position entails assisting in all project phases from concept through installation, including vendor communication and procurement. The candidate should possess good spatial sense, an eye for detail and a strong ability to communicate graphically. Knowledge of the interior design FF+E selection and specification process as well as the more technical side of design (construction documents, details, plans, elevations, etc.) is required. Candidate must possess a strong ability to switch gears between scales and phases of projects with enthusiasm and work on multiple projects at once. Interest and experience in hospitality and corporate interiors including public amenity spaces is preferred.
- 0-3 years professional experience in the US
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Google Sketch-Up, Revit, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Interior Design or Architecture degree required
- Working with 3D models in Sketch-up + rendering via Enscape (preferred)
- Collaborate and work well with others in a “studio-like” environment; sharing ideas + creating a strategy to communicate a successful story/narrative – Assist with sourcing furniture, interior finishes, artwork and accessories
- Assist with designing custom furniture for specific projects – Assist with designing and preparing client presentations using Adobe InDesign – Generate furniture plans and elevations in AutoCAD/Revit and render in Photoshop – Research and maintain relationships with furniture, fabric and vendor/craftsperson sources
Procurement & Installation
- Request price quotes
- Create detailed RFP Documents (Microsoft Excel) for bidding out to furniture dealers – Request samples and CFAs
- Compile specification books for purchasing agents
- Participate in onsite installation – Continued communication with furniture dealer + manufacturers to ensure 100% project completion and client satisfaction
- Competitive Salaries
- Performance-Based Bonuses
- Career Development & Advancement
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance & Personal Accident Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Pre-tax Commuter and Parking Benefits
- Licensure / Exam Fees Reimbursement
- Amber Book ARE Prep
1 PDF w/ cover letter, resume, and samples of work (both academic and professional). The file must be saved as: “yourname_ffa_junior_interior_ffe”
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Submit the application to email@example.com with the subject heading “”Junior_Interior Designer FF&E”.
File size must not exceed 5MB.
Absolutely NO phone calls or walk-ins!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org